Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas and SK's Siblings

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 22 Replies
BM told DH that now he is responsible for buying SS's half sister a Christmas gift because she normally does. I asked DH what he said & he said he ignored her.... Background, DH has two kids with two diff BMs. I told him no, if BM wants SS to have a gift to his sister (no relation to DH) then she is responsible for it. If we did that for SS then we would have to do it for SD & SD has two other siblings.
Do you but gifts for your SK's siblings?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittleChitlins3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Oh forgot to say DH has custody of SS & I don't buy gifts for my daughter's siblings from her father.
lnr187
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

um no. you should not be buying for children who are not your biological or step. this other child has no relation to you.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

My SD's only siblings are my biological children, LOL, so yes, I do. But, if BM had other kids, no I wouldn't. Nor do I expect her to buy for my other children.

MommaOfFive440
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
I did one year for my SKs little brother from BM (not related to me or DH). I let the kids pick stuff out for him. Took it over Christmas day and BM was grateful but her douchebag bf threw a fit and made her give it all back to us. So no, we dont do that any more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammyJK
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I give sd the same amount of money each Christmas that I give my boys to buy gifts for whoever they want. Sometimes gma or bm will give her a little extra. I dont care who they buy for though, because once i hand it to them and turn them loose at the dollar tree or school santa shop, its theirs to spend on who they want.
LittleChitlins3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM
This is a good idea, this year we don't have money to do that but I will implement it next year. It really irked me by her saying that, how does someone have the audacity or expect it? I keep telling DH that his BMs are lucky I'm not their ex lol. Anyways, we are buying for the other parents but not siblings. I am thinking about having SS makes his sister something or he can give her a framed pic of him since we have pics & I have frames.

Quoting SammyJK:

I give sd the same amount of money each Christmas that I give my boys to buy gifts for whoever they want. Sometimes gma or bm will give her a little extra. I dont care who they buy for though, because once i hand it to them and turn them loose at the dollar tree or school santa shop, its theirs to spend on who they want.

rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM

We do, as well as BM and her husbamd, BM's parents and BM's sister.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I usually get a little gift for BM's youngest DD5 but I do that for me. BM and Dh don't mind either way. Her bio dad doesn't like it but tough shit.

And there are times BM brings Princess (DD8) little gifts.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Bm bought dd a gift from dss bc they were out and he asked her to. I in turn took dss to pick out something for his brother at bms house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

We've never taken SD to get anything for BM. Honestly, it never occured to me. I take the kids out each year to get something for DH and then we usually makes stuff for the grandparents (salt dough ornaments and pictures). SD has never asked to get anything for BM, BM got something for DH when SD was 2 (developmentally about 1). The way BM went about it was really weird and made DH super uncomfortable (this was just a few months after she stopped calling our house begging him to take her back) so he nicely asked that she not take SD to get him anything, that I would take care of that with SD and our DS. She hasn't done it since and I've made sure to include SD in anything we get for DH for his birthday, Christmas, and/or Father's day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)