Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Dye free diet

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 17 Replies

Has anyone tried this? We are thinking of trying it for my SD seeing how it effects her behavior. I know you must think this is a bunch of bologna but it couldnt hurt to try,right?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ldee78
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My exes nephew was treated this way and it worked wonders!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to go by as natural a diet as possible.  None of the kids have a behavior issues though.  I just am not fond of consuming things that "may cause cancer in lab rats".  Red 40 makes DH a crabby ass though.  Yellow 5 causes vascular issues that can lead to erectile dysfunction.  Between possible cancer and a bitchy spouse with a flaccid member, I need no further reasons to avoid as many food additives as possible.

MoreThanMost
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Quoting GlockMom:

I try to go by as natural a diet as possible.  None of the kids have a behavior issues though.  I just am not fond of consuming things that "may cause cancer in lab rats".  Red 40 makes DH a crabby ass though.  Yellow 5 causes vascular issues that can lead to erectile dysfunction.  Between possible cancer and a bitchy spouse with a flaccid member, I need no further reasons to avoid as many food additives as possible.

Then it must be working!lol

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM

We do as much dye and preservative free as possible for health reasons and also DD's behavior. It helps.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM

A friend of mine has her stepson on a dye free diet and it's worked wonders for him.

FireVixen
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Dye free is a bit of a stretch in our house, but I try to ban as much processed food and artificial sweetners in her diet as possible.

rose0919
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

out diet is  pretty much that way anyway.  but a child in my dd12 old school was on one and it worked wonders for him!

DDDaysh
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I did it for a while and saw no change in DS. It only helps if the person is actually sensetive to the dye. Most people are not.

When it does make a difference though, it can be a big one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM

This wored for my niece. She reacted badly to artificial flavors and colors and would start to tick. It is worth a try!

angelmommy2806
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Anything is worth a try!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN