Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bm is really reaching....

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM
  • 24 Replies
Now sd has been told that she can't post pictures taken with me, tag me in status updates and even refer to me at all on here Facebook page.......
It's all so childish to me, and I feel
So aweful for sd. I don't
Even care about my feelings. Just
Hers. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Fuck her.
Amanda2487
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:29 AM
Jealous much? (Her not you)
Amy1973Potts
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow. Allll about BM and HER feelings, all the time. The hell with what her kid is feeling. Thats okay. It will haunt her in the form of a shitty relationship with her daughter later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustaSM231
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this
So sorry! Hopefully you can sit down with SD and explain to her that this is NOT about her but about BM. How horrible that your SD is being placed in this position by BM. Hopefully SD will be strong enough and sensible enough to see through BM's silly demands. Best of luck!!!
whatIknownow
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM

how do you know that BM made these demands? Did BM tell you? or his this second-hand, through SD?

What does your husband say about this?

newstepmom61811
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
3 moms liked this
I have a SD I trust 90% of the time. She does like to try to play the BM is so evil card. I try to stay out of the middle. I would simply diffuse this. Nothing good ever comes of getting in between BM and SDs. I would simply tell her "you know sweetie, I'm a private person anyway, don't really like stuf o me inthe Internet, and I'm secure in our relationship, know how you feel about me, we're good, I love you. No need to upset your mom if you think that stuff will." If she is being honest it takes her out of the middle and diffuses it, gives SD an out. If she's possibly manipulating, takes all the power out of that. And as a side benefit, keeps your privacy. All without you having to dig out what's really going on and ramping up the drama. It just diffuse the who situation.
rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this

You cannot control what BM does or says. You can only control your actions. It may not be the best thing for SD but you will drive yourself crazy if you let the stuff you can't control bother you. I know its hard to do (been there, done that). It is a sad situation, no one can argue that, but really there's nothing that can be done.

jcampbell288
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I had that issue with my BM as a child. want to know what i did? unfriended BM, made my profile unsearchable, made a new profile and added her there! she was none the wiser because i just told her i wanted to make a new account.

SavesSpiders
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Good point. I'd get to the source first before taking any action.  However, if the BM did make these demands, I'd have DH talk to her about unreasonable control issues where your SD is concerned

You have the right attitude - that your SD's freedom is being compromised for a petty reason - which teaches her a pretty crappy lesson about how adults are supposed to act.  .   

Quoting whatIknownow:

how do you know that BM made these demands? Did BM tell you? or his this second-hand, through SD?

What does your husband say about this?

angirose
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Amy1973Potts:

Wow. Allll about BM and HER feelings, all the time. The hell with what her kid is feeling. Thats okay. It will haunt her in the form of a shitty relationship with her daughter later.

She a very selfish person. She has stated such so much that it should be on all of her property....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)