Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

This might sound stupid to you.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 56 Replies

I am having a baby with my LOVE and were planning on a life time together, though of course you never know. Well he has a son and I just love his son so much. On the weekends we have him I am on top of everything he does. I love hanging out with him and we cuddle on the couch sometimes. He called me mom a few times but I know it is because my daughter calls me mommy Angel (she is in love with my name cause I am her Angel). I feel the need to correct him and tell him to call me Angel too I know that is the way to go about it. But I don't know how to go about all these pictures and stuff I want to post them on FB or scrap books and include him in my life completely. He is my SS and I never want to leave him out of my life, both of my kids have their own folder on fb and scrap books dedicated to them completely. I feel like if I gave him is own spot in my life like that though his mom might think I was stepping out of line. So I just put his picture in the 2012 folders and have not really incuded him in a scrap book just a the photo album. And I think to myself it looks like I don't care about him as much. I know it sounds stupid but would you make a photo album and scrap book specifically for your step child who you don't want to over step the boundaries with? 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Personality I feel he is part of your life add him to it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

how long  have you been dating your boyfriend? how old are you?

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Good questions WIKN. 

angelmj
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I am 25 and not too incredably long just a couple years. His son is only about to be 3.. That is why it is so weird to me. Only thing is that SS is the brother of my child so yeah.

Quoting whatIknownow:

how long  have you been dating your boyfriend? how old are you?

angelmommy2806
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM
A personal scrapbook in my opinion wouldn't be crossing the line. Just something that family and friends can see who come over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Nothing wrong with a photo album. I wouldnt encourage the mom calling.  That is always offensive if they have a BM who is involved.   Be careful with what you post on FB and the comments you add to them.  If the BM is a good BM always be respectful in what you say publically.  Comment your "future step son" not comment stuff like "my baby".  

angelmj
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I love scrap booking too lol, I would want to include his mother in it and his dad. Her family and his, a tribute that that little dude who I just love. I mean I have been in his life for over half of it. It would be more for his dad in the end anyways. 

Quoting angelmommy2806:

A personal scrapbook in my opinion wouldn't be crossing the line. Just something that family and friends can see who come over.

angelmj
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Oh I would never do that and I did correct him on the mom thing. She isupset of the fact that he has someone else in his life as a parental type when he is at his dads. I am always nice to her and I won't ever want to offend her in any way. I never say he is my son or baby I call him by his name and say he is my BF son. 

Quoting tiredmama42:

Nothing wrong with a photo album. I wouldnt encourage the mom calling.  That is always offensive if they have a BM who is involved.   Be careful with what you post on FB and the comments you add to them.  If the BM is a good BM always be respectful in what you say publically.  Comment your "future step son" not comment stuff like "my baby".  

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

so yeah what?

Quoting angelmj:

Only thing is that SS is the brother of my child so yeah.

angelmj
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I feel like he should be included in my life fully he is going to be a big part of my sons.

Quoting whatIknownow:

so yeah what?

Quoting angelmj:

Only thing is that SS is the brother of my child so yeah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)