Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: My kids school got shut down???

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 31 Replies
So Friday was supposed to be DD's last day until January. They were supposed to have a Christmas party and DD and me made her teachers favorite cookies for her.

I got a call last night from the schools message system saying "Due to a non specific threat, (our school district) schools will be closed Thursday and Friday of this week."

Nothing more. It was on the news last night, but still, nothing is being said except that it's a "non-specific threat".

My DS's preschool is in a separate school district, he still has school.

I'm really leaning on not letting DS go. I'm kinda freaked out. Today is his class pajama day and they are watching Polar Express. So he's really excited. I suppose I will let him go... But I'm gonna be a nervous wreck the whole time!! :((((
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Ugh. That is so stupid. 

jessiesluv
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM

:(

Sunivondea
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I think so too. But after last week, they have to be extra causious.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Ugh. That is so stupid. 

Sunivondea
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
DD cried. They were supposed to have their Xmas party tomorrow.

Quoting jessiesluv:

:(

deadlights86
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

The door ds and I usually enter the building through was locked this morning which sucks cause he has a cast on his leg and its the closet door to his classroom. We had to go to the office and have his teacher come and get him with the elevator.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Maybe you could do something fun with her instead of having the party at school??? Like have a mini party at home. Stay in PJ's and watch a movie and eat your cookies that you made. I know it's not the same, but she would probably enjoy it.

Sunivondea
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:51 AM
My DS's school has a doorbell you have to ring to have someone let you in.

DD went to that school last year.

Ever since we've been going to that school, the door has always been unlocked. But Monday we started having to use the door bell.

It's a hassle, because it's cold out and we have to wait for someone to come.

But I understand, and think it's a good idea, considering current events.

Quoting deadlights86:

The door ds and I usually enter the building through was locked this morning which sucks cause he has a cast on his leg and its the closet door to his classroom. We had to go to the office and have his teacher come and get him with the elevator.

Sunivondea
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM
We are getting together with her cousin (same school) and making ornaments tomorrow.

Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

Maybe you could do something fun with her instead of having the party at school??? Like have a mini party at home. Stay in PJ's and watch a movie and eat your cookies that you made. I know it's not the same, but she would probably enjoy it.

jessiesluv
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I saw on the news where a guy went into a school in Virginia yesterday, (school was also named "Sandy Hook"), with a 2x4 (piece of wood), with "high powered riffle" written on it.

They didn't know why last I saw it reported on.

Sunivondea
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM
See, now ppl are just trying to instigate shit. Smh.

Quoting jessiesluv:

I saw on the news where a guy went into a school in Virginia yesterday, (school was also named "Sandy Hook"), with a 2x4 (piece of wood), with "high powered riffle" written on it.

They didn't know why last I saw it reported on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)