Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that's a conversation to wake up to....aww

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

In the mornings my BF leaves first, so he gets SD7 up and gets her breakfast.kisses her goodbye and I finish the morning and take her to school.

Generally I stay in bed while he does his part (unless I know hes not feeling well or will have to hurry), so they have even that little bit of time in the morning just the two of them. 

Sometimes on her way to her room to get dressed, she crawls into bed with me. She did so this morning. 

She comes in throws her arms around me and goes youre the best second mom ever (she came up with this last summer while discussing who I was to her with her dad.), then crawls into bed with me and goes- Would you like  to marry my dad?

Me- Blank look...

Her- My mom is NOT gonna be happy about that if you two get married.(no big shock there- why the woman talks to her child about me and her dad beyond the basics is still beyond me)

Me- If I do marry your dad, nothing would change, you know that right? And yes when hes ready to ask me, I would like to marry your dad (he and I have already discussed this at length- and agreed when the times right for all of us- then we'd go from there)

Her- You should ask him!

Me- *blank look* Well we'll see what would happen. How do you feel about it if we got married?

Her- That'd be very cool. Can I be there when you get married?

Me- If we were to have a wedding of if we go down to courthouse- of course. 

Her- YAY! *and she scammpers off to her room to get dressed*

I proceeded to still lay there, partially smiling, partially still shocked. She has made smaller commentary in passing but nothing quite as direct or detailed as this.

I texted the conversation to her dad later on and he was just as shocked. 

So that does give us a bit of relief on her thoughts on the matter. We havent wanted to bring it up to her so we dont rush her or make her feel bombarded (A LOT of change has happened this year and she's rolled with all of it very very well)

Happy early Christmas to us :)

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM

good  That's so sweet!

jessiesluv
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Awesome :)

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That is sweet and know this, kids are very resilient.  Learning that more and more with my own DD15. 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM

clapping

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)