Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appropriate Music for an 11yr old girl

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

What kind of music, artist, or song is appropriate for a young lady who just turned 11...

I know Taylor Swift is an artist I hear them sing.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
punkin83
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I'm no expert but I prefer my 11 yr old listening to demi lovato, selena gomez, taylor swift. She is also into Britney and Nicki minaj, which I am not comfortable with.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM
My daughter 12 listens to above plus one direction, the wanted, justin beiber, cody smith, maroon 5, just to name a few basically top 40 pop. She also listens to country
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM

my girls listen to old 80s music and stuff I was raised up on-elton john billy joel etc

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Top 40 pop is what my dd listens to. She is in dance so they dance to most of the new stuff on the pop stations. I love music so we listen to all kinds of stuff in my car. We are a singing family and not a one of us can carry a tune.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weaveress
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM

mine listens to everything from 60's forward. She listens to pop, rock, alternative. We don't censor our kids. In fact, one of their favorite passtimes is listening to youtube with their daddy. although she did come home one time singing she f***ing hates me. So I explained we don't sing that word in the house or in front of grandma. 

packermomof2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

My 11 year old listens to the comedy channel on the a.m. station and the sports station on F.M.  She can't stand taylor swift or justin bieber or any of the popular young artists.  She likes 60's - 90's music...

Mommy0505
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Barlow Girl & Britt Nicole are some great artists for youung girls!! Heck, even I love them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM

We do Contemporary Christian mostly, so we don't really  have an issue with this. Taylor Swift is one I would recommend though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)