Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

off topic and drama free! a hair question, for the stylists and product savvy ladies here.

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  • 4 Replies
No drama on this one! Yay! The amount of crazy on this forum this week is just too much.

So. I need to get a new hair dryer, and while I'm at it I was thinking I should replace my flatiron and curling iron, they're fairly old.

My question is, are the higher priced brands really worth it? For example, Is there any real difference between a CHI hair dryer/iron and a Revlon one?

What's your favorite brand of styling tools?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Go to Sally's and get the Hot Tools brand. It's a very good middle brand. Works as well as chi. No difference. Revelon wont get as hot, wont blow as hard and will break faster. There, I've done my good deed for the day. LOL!

CodeBlue
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I am in love with John Frieda hair straighteners. I don't remember the exact model, mine is silver and they are $50. I guess I figure that its somewhere in the middle of Chi and Walmart brand ;)
But seriously, it heats up in 5 seconds, and leaves my hair soft, silky, and most importantly...non frizzy!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kristinbugg
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM
We always use CHI straightners. My SDs and I are all biracial (African American & Caucasian and I am African American and Hispanic) and DH is African American. We all have fairly long hair. DH's is really coarse and SDs and I have thick, curly hair. The CHI is the only straightner i've been able to find that works for all of us and doesn't burn our hair. They also last a long time too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Same here. I can't remember what I paid for mine though.

Quoting CodeBlue:

I am in love with John Frieda hair straighteners. I don't remember the exact model, mine is silver and they are $50. I guess I figure that its somewhere in the middle of Chi and Walmart brand ;)

But seriously, it heats up in 5 seconds, and leaves my hair soft, silky, and most importantly...non frizzy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)