Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OT-I want to move...tell me about your state...

Posted by   + Show Post

I love my state.  But I want to move far away from my family, lol.  DH and I have considered a couple places, but we know nothing about anywhere except New England.  So tell me the good and the bad about your state/area in the state.  The weather, the economy, job market, average income, average housing costs...all that good stuff.  Also, tell me if they are a crazy pro BM state, or if they are more 'in the best interest of the kids' kind of state.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Replies (41-43):
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Oh okay, yeah it may be more competetive there IDK. My BIL lives in San Jose too and most my in-laws are in the east bay area :)

Quoting faerie75:

San Jose. I have friends in Roseville ;)

Quoting rocknmom85:

Where in Cali do you live? I'm in the Sacramento/Roseville area and I have heard of investors snatching up houses here too, but I had no problem buying a house. Just curious where you are referring too.

Quoting faerie75:

Well. I live in California. I love it here an will never leave. However I hate the cost of living and while the incomes here are higher in general, the cost of living is way more than can be comfty on middle income. Also, anymore offshore and out of state companies are buying up all the real estate in cash so it's hard as fuck to get a mortgage.. The bank will give you one but you are likely to be out bid by a cash buyer. It fucking sucks, I will probably never own.

newwife1
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM

New Jersey, it's AWFUL here. Super expensive, horrible traffic and rude people:) Except for WIKN of course.

Ohio is awesome. Low cost of living, friendly polite people, small town life yet everything is close to experience "big" city life. Well, what WE consider big city anyway...

cruelella2to
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Cali Desert: its hot in the summer average of 110 and winter is usually 20 you get 2 seasons hot and cold. Job market sucks unless your in two fields; corrections or some type of military work. The closest city is only about 30 mins away which is actually quit nice no city drama lol.thats all the cons I can think of the pros. average income 60K, houses sell for an average of 70k for newer 3+bdr homes. lots of land neighbors aren't sitting on top of you. lots of open area if you have outdoor toys like quads or dirt bikes. Close to all the major attractions (disney land, sea world knotts, universal) and we are still considered southern cali so we still get the SO CAL discounts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN