Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow, gained a whole new perspective

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 15 Replies
5 moms liked this

Okay being on this site kind of gave me a "ah ha" moment. I am a childless SM to three wonderful, amazing SKIDS who I love and adore. I was on the phone today with my mother and I was telling her how my SD had strep, I stayed home etc...and my mother said "Does she even realize how lucky she is that you love her kids that much to take care of them like that?"

And it hit me,. Its not that she is lucky. Its that BM loves her kids that much that she was willing to step aside and give me the opportunity to bond with them without interference. (Meaning not being the physco controlling ex wife, threatened etc..) That is really a huge thing for a BM to do, especially after reading a lot of posts here about overstepping etc.....I have a whole new respect for her because I couldn't imagine the emotions she went through....

I've always say to my Skids-I am not your mommy, I will never try to replace your mommy. You have one mommy and one daddy that love you more than anything in this world. I'm just another person who loves you and wants the best for you. I'm here if you need me.

So lol, thank you to the BM who also take this step and keep the kids best interest in mind!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Good for you! That is an excellent way to look at the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Good post.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melina74
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Sounds like a good relationship all around! Good for you!

Miss-tearious
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Sigh... I wish the BM in my life were more like that.

Happy she is not all crazy for you though :)

destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Quoting Miss-tearious:

Sigh... I wish the BM in my life were more like that.

Happy she is not all crazy for you though :)

Believe me sometimes she does things that make me scratch my head but for the most part she is okay.

packermomof2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Would you be upset if she decided to take care of her own sick kids?

destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Quoting packermomof2:

Would you be upset if she decided to take care of her own sick kids?

No. They are her kids. If she decided that she wanted to take care of them while they were sick that is fine. She is their mother. What I am trying to say here is that she put her own sh*t to the side and gave me the opportunity to bond with them. She put their feelings above her own.  From what I've seen on here that is sometimes for some people very hard emotionally to do. I have a total new respect for her because of it.

lnr187
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

i like this post. it's unlike most other posts in this group :) im glad you and bm have a good relationship!

sassy711
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Good for you and BM, working together in the best interest of the kids, understanding and respecting each other's contributions.  Not every BM is like that, and not all SM's are like that either.  I hope this continues to work well for all of you.   

Mrs.H0420
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Good post! I really enjoyed reading it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)