Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM Did Me a Favor...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 10 Replies
4 moms liked this

I love my ss5 dearly but...  He is a handful and wore me out over the Christmas break.  Well my DH was supposed to get him tonight for Thursday midweek visitation and take him to school tomorrow.  Well BM said no because she ASSUMED that visitation would resume with the first weekend visit and not the Thursday visitation after the break.  She is absolutely wrong and it does not read that way in the CO for visitation.  My DH and I had ss for the first week of break and she got him for the second week and regular visitation starts after the start of the new year...

BM (I don't like her) makes me ill with her ASSUMPTIONS and trying to pull the okie doke all the time with visitation but in this one instance... BM did me a favor (for a change).  I was just not up to dealing with the little ball of energy this evening and was looking forward to having a quiet evening with DH.  I know this is bad but I'm TIRED and need a SM break. Thank you BM!!!  And I'll see my little step bundle of energy next weekend!!!    big smile mini

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammyJK
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Everybody needs a break sometimes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Haha! That's the spirit. Don't get mad, be thankful!

jojojack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM

i am not sorry when skids dont come for dinner on weeknights..  Im tired and three extra people here means more work for me plus being on bm's time schedule is a real  pain in the ass. I get home at 515 5 30 try to have dinner on the table by 5:30 6 and shes usually here by 7 to get them..rush rush rush.. its become a real chore

yesmaam
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

That's normal....I think. Having an extra child around when you're not used to it can be tiresome.

Mommyof5247
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Way to find the silver lining!
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM

The weeknight visit for us is a major PITA. It's usually me that gathers everyone up (fiance has 3 kids, 2 different schools) plus I have 2 kids at 2 different schools. DF almost always has to work. Thank goodness he has a modification hearing this month. He is asking for 3 weekends and doing away with the weeknight dinner. BM generally changes the weeknight visitation at her own whim. It is scheduled for Wednesdays but it's always some bullshit every week.

Stepof2Momof1
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Whoo hoo for you!! The BM always have a way of cutting off their noses to spite their faces. I had an instance like that once. It was Spring Break and I'n a teacher so of course I was off. She called DH and found out I was keeping the kids and demanded that he brings them home. OKAY... No worries! They are very small to.. Sleeping in for me!

angelmommy2806
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Can't blame ya. A break is nice every once in a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kary1124
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM
that how im feeling right now.. it wouldnt be so bad if we got ss all night on fridays instead of for just 4 hrs.. its to much to drive 40 mins round trip to pick him up and drop him off so hes gonna be going to get it changed next month or so
Debbie35
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:31 PM

hubby and i have all the kids all the time both birthmoms of the step kids are not in the picture!!! Enjoy those breaks for sure....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN