Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BF doesnt want to do anything with my kids....

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 107 Replies

Ok so I am not a step mom.....but the bf tells everyone that my kids are his step kids.  So we just moved to a new house 30 minutes away from where we were living and the bf moved in with us.  We have been there about a week or so.  My 13 year old son is bored as he doesnt really know anyone in the neighborhood.  I said to the bf last nite.....hey do you think you could ask Mark (my son) if he would like to go do something with you one of these days.  His reply is...."like what?  What did he do at home when he lived at the other house?  Why cant he just go build a snowman outside or something?"  I didn't even answer him.  I'm so pissed because it is bullshit that he can't do one simply damn thing with my son?  I won't "sit down and talk to him".  I am not an ass kisser and a begger.  But you can bet I am a fighter and that's what has come.  Anyone out there can relate?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM
7 moms liked this

If you don't like the way he treats your children then why are you with him?

1der1
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Ive never asked him to do anything for me or the kids before.  This is the first time.  What am I supposed to do just up and leave over it?

Quoting WifeyC:

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I am hoping your boyfriend has done more to piss you off than suggest your son go build a snowman.  I actually think that is very good advice.

what else is really going on that has caused you to reach this point of frustration?

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Have you lived together a week?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

This one isolated incident put you over the edge and want a fight?

Quoting 1der1:

Ive never asked him to do anything for me or the kids before.  This is the first time.  What am I supposed to do just up and leave over it?

Quoting WifeyC:

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Quoting WifeyC:

Quoting 1der1:

Quoting WifeyC:

that's a red flag-OP if you never asked him before about doing things with your son-he may need some ideas...there's no reason to jump on him like that.

It took DH a few tries (after we moved in together) to learn what DD liked to play with her 1 on 1. Perhaps suggest they both go make a snowman together-or perhaps ride bikes or browse around home depot..give him some helpful hints-dont snap at him

1der1
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM

How is it good advice?  I asked HIM to go do something with my son like "guy time".  He can't even manage that?  Instead he just pushes him off.  I mean to me that is bullshit. 

Quoting pdxmum:

I am hoping your boyfriend has done more to piss you off than suggest your son go build a snowman.  I actually think that is very good advice.

what else is really going on that has caused you to reach this point of frustration?

1der1
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM

yes it does make me want to argue.....i asked HIM to do ONE THING with my kid and he cant manage that?  it isnt like I asked him to do stuff with him every day. 

Quoting WifeyC:

Quoting 1der1:

Quoting WifeyC:

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM

This is the first time you did it and he obviously has no clue what to do with kids.  You can either help him through it or go pscyho on his ass.

Quoting 1der1:

yes it does make me want to argue.....i asked HIM to do ONE THING with my kid and he cant manage that?  it isnt like I asked him to do stuff with him every day. 

Quoting WifeyC:

Quoting 1der1:

Quoting WifeyC:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM
4 moms liked this
Being not able to communicate except for fighting will doom you to dysfunctional relationships. Communication is KEY to relationships ESPECIALLY blended families. If you refuse to consider communicating then I have no advice for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)