Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should I push him to say something

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:42 AM
  • 14 Replies
Sd came back from bms on Sunday. Last night she was asking for something bieber. I asked her what she spent the $10 my grandma have her for Christmas. She said "I left it at bms she put it up for me. I wanted to go out but the only place shed take me to is my uncles house." I said what did you do there she said, "I played with my cousin while bm and uncle smoked special cigarettes." Sd is 8 she has autism so I'm really worried she saw bm smoking pot and her mom called it special cigarettes. I told dh he just said sounds about right. I was so mad I didn't speak to him until I told him I ws staying home sick just now. Its one thing for her to smoke pot but it pisses me off that she'd do it with sd around and then call it special cigarettes like its not a bad thing. Bm has court today because she's facing a felony for posetion she lost her job so she could be facing a lil jail time because she's not working abd probably won't come up clean on a drug test. I wish I could convince that man to at least say something about calling them special cigarettes not just regular cigarettes? She told him that her brother was smoking but she wasn't and he told her to send sd to her cousins room at least. I think they were smoking it and sd walked by and asked what's that. Then her mom or g er uncle said special cigarettes. Ugh I just keep thinking I wasn't there so I only knew what an 8 yr old told me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyMom25
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing he says will make a difference and will most likely get SD in trouble with BM.

BM has admitted to smoking pot in front of SS, literally told him that was what she was doing. He was about 9 at the time.

Its all hearsay from a child. Wait till after BMs court date and see how it turns out. If she is convicted, then go to court for supervised visits or something.
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
The case was continued again until feb 29th. So that's not gonna help.

Quoting SassyMom25:

Nothing he says will make a difference and will most likely get SD in trouble with BM.

BM has admitted to smoking pot in front of SS, literally told him that was what she was doing. He was about 9 at the time.

Its all hearsay from a child. Wait till after BMs court date and see how it turns out. If she is convicted, then go to court for supervised visits or something.

jett250
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:37 PM

i hate hearing about some of the things people do in front of their children. unfortunately, i think the last comment nails it on the head. i know you know what was going on. hearing the story i am pretty sure i would believe it. but they would need more proof. the way it sounds is that she will bury herself. i know this is very unchristian, but let her. watch and listen for anything that you can have proof of, and just wait until she does something stupid enough that they will believe. sorry that this probably isn't much help. 

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I think you should stay out of it. Pot will be legalized before you know and it won't matter if you think it's bad. Marijana laws are outdated and being prosecuted less and less. They are "special" cigarettes they aren't normal cigarettes.

boysmom5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM
BM in my sitch is a pot smoker amongst other things and thinks its perfectly fine. Can't hold a job or contribute to society. I can't stand it when she smokes that crap around my stepsons. Good thing they choose not to visit her very often.
angirose
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

At this point all you can do is document document document....keep a diary of everything. When and if it goes back to court bring up the evidence you have. It is just hear say from the child. But if you can show a cycle that is harmful to the child it could change things. And I wouldnt be mad at your dh, he cant control what bm does when she has the child. I know its frustrating, first hand I know. My xh uses marijana as a way to cope with his bipolar. Or rather just to use and be high......but he does this in front of my ds7 all the time. And it gets on my last nerve!! I am a sober living mother! I dont drink, smoke, anything to comprimise my health or the health of my children. I have full custody, and my ds7 has medical issues which makes his lungs weak and volnerable. AND I cant do anything about xh use. EXCEPT FOR DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT>......good luck!

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I'm ok with legalization of pot however I'm not ok with it being smoked around a kid. Expectually a kid with disabilities. There is still much debate on contact highs and why not just call it a cigarette why make it special. To a kid special means different then regular. So she might as well just told an 8 yr old that these cigarettes are ok ( even if its legalized it will never be legalized for kids and I'm sure u approve of that) I'm not ok with that notion being taught to sd. I'm not ok with her coming home and teaching other kids that their are special cigarettes. I'm not ok with the thought that bm isn't the least bit worried that her dd could get ahold of pot and smoke before she's even a teen. Im sorry but I can't be one of those disengaged sms its just not me. I have sd almost all the time. I care for all her legal things I watch her struggle in school the last thing she needs to learn is pot is a special drug and for it to sound like something shed want to do. He brain is just starting to grow.

Quoting soonergirl980:

I think you should stay out of it. Pot will be legalized before you know and it won't matter if you think it's bad. Marijana laws are outdated and being prosecuted less and less. They are "special" cigarettes they aren't normal cigarettes.

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Thanks good advice and great understanding

Quoting angirose:

At this point all you can do is document document document....keep a diary of everything. When and if it goes back to court bring up the evidence you have. It is just hear say from the child. But if you can show a cycle that is harmful to the child it could change things. And I wouldnt be mad at your dh, he cant control what bm does when she has the child. I know its frustrating, first hand I know. My xh uses marijana as a way to cope with his bipolar. Or rather just to use and be high......but he does this in front of my ds7 all the time. And it gets on my last nerve!! I am a sober living mother! I dont drink, smoke, anything to comprimise my health or the health of my children. I have full custody, and my ds7 has medical issues which makes his lungs weak and volnerable. AND I cant do anything about xh use. EXCEPT FOR DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT>......good luck!

angirose
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I also feel as tho its a huge injustice for our society to teach our children that drugs are ok. Whether they are natural or not. It's really sad when as a society we don't care about our people enough to really stand ground. Millions die from lung cancer every yr. Yet people still smoke. Children are struggling from obesity, yet parents still don't care to turn off their t.v.'s. And now pot is legal. Next thing you know we will have hookers standing outside of restaurants to offer out desert. I truly believe in the freedom of our people but I also believe you have to give your children the tools to be the best person they can be.....anyway. Sorry. Just needed to vent a little bit about this subject.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I honestly just believe in situations like these, it's up to the parent to say something. Yes it's disgusting and I would be pissed too, if this were someone I know and not even my own child. But he is not effected by it so you kind of have to let it go. Hopefully she'll go to jail or get ordered to rehab and straighten up. Until HE is willing to do something, you just can't force him or its going to cause strain between you two and that isn't worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured