My resolution...Long, but I need help sticking to these!!
From now on, I'm making these promises to myself and my family:
1. Not to expect anything from bm- instead of being mad, disappointed, or any other emotion when bm does something that I consider selfish/petty, I'm just going to ignore it.
2. I will not allow myself to feel jealous of bm- I know they had a child together, But my man doesn't want to be with her anymore. He has chosen to be with me :) I will make sure my personal boundaries for the relationship between them when ss is not involved are clearly defined. (no calling just to chat about things that do not affect ss, no inappropriate touching -sounds stupid but this has been an issue in the past) I will make sure these are communicated and understood. I vow to act like a reasonable adult if I feel these boundaries are crossed !
3. I will quit expecting bm to live up to my standards- people make different choices. Just because bm has chosen to live differently than we do doesn't make her wrong. Just different. And that's ok.
4. I will focus on what I have control over and being there for ss in any way I can. I will accept that there are strengths that I have and can share with ss. I will assist dad in helping him with homework, making sure he eats his veggies, and teaching him right from wrong and how to be a good person.
5. Most of all, I promise to do everything i can to make ss feel welcomed, cared for, and special in our home. After all, He is a part of this crazy family that I love :)
If I fail to comply to any of these resolutions that I've made, call me out please!!!!!! I really want to work on this because the negativity doesn't do an single bit of good!!!!