Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

how did/does your dh get over court nerves?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 20 Replies

My dh is the world most nervous man on the planet.

What would your advice to be for him to chill out, other then a different brain or mindset lol

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Xanax?  jk.  Think about your answer, speak slowly, only answer the question, be honest.  That is all he can do.

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM

If he has to speak- practice, practice, practice. You could even ask him questions to help.

Go over everything he has (documentation), mark it with tabs so that he knows where everything is.

And if he's religious- pray :)

Melina74
by Melina on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I agree with Jessies. Go over the documentation with him. Make sure he knows dates facts etc.  my DH was so nervous he forgot his kids birthdays! Lol.  Not a big deal, the judge understood, but some things, he should have remembered and didn't, and it hurt the case.  If I could go back I would drill him on items in discovery,  interrogatories, evidence, everything!

rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I don't believe you ever really get over being nervous going to court. What helps us is having everything ready in a neat organized manner. Also knowing that we have to do is go in to tell the truth. No matter what BM is trying to pull, we just have to tell the truth and hopefully (and she has) seen through the bull that BM was doing.
mdenison
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM

we go over everything a million times and I make sure all evidence is organized an  tabbed for him, I even write him note cards. he's a lot like your husband, my husband will get up in front of the judge and completely forget everything he is supposed to say

Charli627
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM
We did this and sex the morning of lol!

Quoting mdenison:

we go over everything a million times and I make sure all evidence is organized an  tabbed for him, I even write him note cards. he's a lot like your husband, my husband will get up in front of the judge and completely forget everything he is supposed to say

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Quoting Charli627:

We did this and sex the morning of lol!

Quoting mdenison:

HAHAHAHAHA that's what I told him!!! Get all the "jitters" out lol

SimplyLoula
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I write everything down that is important or may be pertinent to that court proceeding.  Print it out if I don't already have it printed, and put it in a folder that I take with me to court.  It helps me to know that anything I have in that folder could help me eith most any situation that the OP and their lawyer may throw at me.  Kind of like a security blanket.

each time I go I feel just as nervous as the first time.  

jenmomx3
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Tell the truth so that  you don't have to remember anything......and like alot of other posters said....practice!!

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM
He doesn't get over it. It helps him to know that I am there and that I have his back. Other then that he keeps his mouth shut and only talks when he was spoken too and he only uses facts. He never throughs mud unless he can back it up with facts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)