Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quite Irritating.....*VENT*

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 32 Replies

SD11 was born with faulty plumbing. She still wears pull ups at times and has accidents while sleeping.

When she is here-we have a mattress protector on her and DD's beds-if they wet themselves-they strip the beds-put on fresh sheets/clean themselves up and put on clean clothes.

All dirty laundry gets thrown into the basement (I do laundry daily)

No mess, no fuss!

Yesterday, BM called DH spazzing because she was cleaning the girl's bedroom (SD11 and SD14)and found dirty panties under SD11's bed.

(What did she expect DH to do about it?)

She went on a rampage for 20min solid about what a slob his daughter is and how unfair it is for SD14 to be sharing a bedroom with such a pig.

Now, we've talked to SD before about this-just strip your bed-change your sheets and clean yourself up-let BM know you had an accident-put everything in the hamper.

She said she has to hide everything from her mom because otherwise BM announces to the whole house that SD11 wet her bed-and all the kids (and BM) make fun of her because of what happened. And yes I have seen this firsthand.

DH told her-just let SD11 wash everything herself-and BM screamed "YOU KNOW SHE'S TOO STUPID TO TOUCH MY WASHER" Y EAH bm doesn't allow anyone to touch her washer/dryer.

But yet SD11 does her laundry here with no problem...I swear 90% of her problems  (BM) she causes herself.

She lets too much shit get to her and overreacts with every situation like a drama queen.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melina74
by Melina on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

That so sad for your SD.  Jeez,her own mom should know the deal and be respectful of it and not embarrass her.  I'm sure it's hard enough for her self esteem and sleepovers with friends, add to that BM announcing it to everyone to tease her? Awful. I would also NEVER call my kid stupid.  I'm peculiar about my washer and dryer too, but it's not rocket science, and I allow the kids to use it if they need after I show them how to do it.  

Lslk
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow! BM sounds horrible and for her to call her own daughter "too stupid" thats downright mental abuse. That poor child! My SO has a ten year old that has the same problem. We do the same thing for him that you do for your SD. We would never make him feel that way. That is so very horrible!

shannon2012
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sad for your SD...My SS has the same issue.  We have talked to him about it.  He is 10 almost 11 and he says he wets at his moms because he is afraid since BM, boyfriend, and sister sleep in a the family room on a bed that he will see something he does not want to see...He knows at our house he has his own room and we try to limit the drinks at night and then he has to clean up his mess and we also wake him before we go to bed around 11 and get him to the bathroom.  He has not had a problem for a while.  BM blammed the problem on us for letting him drink soda.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Quoting shannon2012:

I am sad for your SD...My SS has the same issue.  We have talked to him about it.  He is 10 almost 11 and he says he wets at his moms because he is afraid since BM, boyfriend, and sister sleep in a the family room on a bed that he will see something he does not want to see...He knows at our house he has his own room and we try to limit the drinks at night and then he has to clean up his mess and we also wake him before we go to bed around 11 and get him to the bathroom.  He has not had a problem for a while.  BM blammed the problem on us for letting him drink soda.

we make sure she goes to the bathroom before bed and again before we go to bed-she has been accident free here for several months

but bm can't be bothered to help sd the way we do

angirose
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM

This s so sad for your sd. Her bm sons incredibly selfish and mean! And I would consider that mental abuse as well. And clearly sd is scared of her bm if she has to hide her panties. How dare she call your dh and degrade is own child. I am sorry this happens. And I hope you sd realizes that she will grow out of this issue and she wont have to deal with being degraded anymore......smh

Mommyof5247
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM
BM sounds like a real winner. Maybe SD11 can skip the telling mom stuff & just try to remember to grab everything. Poor girl must walk on eggshells over there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof5247
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I understand this completely.
SS5 had/has potty issues & was put on fiber. He rarely if ever had bathroom issues at home anymore, but BM wouldn't give him his medicine & he would come home from visits holding BMs & not going pee either. I would end up potty training him all over again.
It was such a simple thing...help your child, encourage him to try going several times a day & help him clean up after...but she wouldn't.

Finally when we confronted her with what we knew & how for the 10th time, she admitted it & just before court, she started doing what she should have done all along. It actually had to be written in the order AGAIN that she follow all recommendations for the kids. The weirdest part was that she had taken SD to the doctor so often & insisted that SD was so sick that the judge actually wrote about being concerned about her behavior (saying she may have munchhausen without saying it)...yet when we had proof that SS needed medical help, she withheld it from him. She's a nutcase.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting shannon2012:

we make sure she goes to the bathroom before bed and again before we go to bed-she has been accident free here for several months

but bm can't be bothered to help sd the way we do

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Quoting Mommyof5247:

BM sounds like a real winner. Maybe SD11 can skip the telling mom stuff & just try to remember to grab everything. Poor girl must walk on eggshells over there.

First off-washer/dryer are in the kitchen-so she can't use either without someone knowing (5 kids 2 adults in that house)

and I've even told her-just throw everything in the hamper-bring the hamper down for BM to wash everything-but even then BM will make a production out of it.

DH and SF BOTH told BM to stop overreacting-and making it a huge production. It seems like this girl can do nothing right over there. Nearly every day BM's calling DH or messaging his facebook-it's getting to be too much

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Quoting angirose:

This s so sad for your sd. Her bm sons incredibly selfish and mean! And I would consider that mental abuse as well. And clearly sd is scared of her bm if she has to hide her panties. How dare she call your dh and degrade is own child. I am sorry this happens. And I hope you sd realizes that she will grow out of this issue and she wont have to deal with being degraded anymore......smh

the thing is-she won't grow out of it-let me see if I can explain-there are tubes that go from your kidneys to the bladder-hers were too short (surgery corrected this)

once it leaves your kidsneys-the "stopper" plugs the tube so urine can't backtrack into kidney-her's have failed several times. She's had more surgeries then birthdays-from all the surgeries-she's a bit "weak" down there-and really has poor control

I've told her to do kegals to strengthen herself but i cant be there every day to tell her-she sleeps like the dead-so when she messes herself-she doesnt realize it til hours later and by then the room smells and you can tell she messed.

it's a work in progress though

angirose
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting angirose:

the thing is-she won't grow out of it-let me see if I can explain-there are tubes that go from your kidneys to the bladder-hers were too short (surgery corrected this)

once it leaves your kidsneys-the "stopper" plugs the tube so urine can't backtrack into kidney-her's have failed several times. She's had more surgeries then birthdays-from all the surgeries-she's a bit "weak" down there-and really has poor control

I've told her to do kegals to strengthen herself but i cant be there every day to tell her-she sleeps like the dead-so when she messes herself-she doesnt realize it til hours later and by then the room smells and you can tell she messed.

it's a work in progress though

Im super sorry to hear this. I know how frustrating medical issue are. My ds7 was born with issues. I cant imagine ever making him feel bad tho. I hope she can over come her mothers abuse and shes lucky to have you who understands and it considerate of her issues. Keep doing a awesome job momma :0)...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured