Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

CS (vent) anyone else think this is crazy?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 56 Replies
So DH dropped SD to her mom at the State Police Station. She puts her window down as SD is walking to the car and hands her an envelope with a money order for returned CS. When he told me I just thought... Really? Really? It would have killed you to hand it to him? Why does she have to be in the middle of it? Any thoughts on this? Is it minute and should be over-looked?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JacyB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
If things are bad enough your doing drop offs at the police station then I think the less contact the better.
I'm really not a huge fan of kids being a go between for anything, but in this scenario it's pretty much a non issue. Married parents do things like that all the time. Hell regular people with no relation to each other ask others to hand things to someone else all the time.

It seems pretty bitch eating crackers at this point.
Tpayne2011
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I didn't understand the last part of your post, but SD knew what it was, I think that's the part that was upsetting. We meet at the station because BM is trying to make a case for custody by saying we are hostile towards her. We use to meet at the gas station down the rd and she was pissed because we won't let her come to our home and pick SD up.

Quoting JacyB:

If things are bad enough your doing drop offs at the police station then I think the less contact the better.

I'm really not a huge fan of kids being a go between for anything, but in this scenario it's pretty much a non issue. Married parents do things like that all the time. Hell regular people with no relation to each other ask others to hand things to someone else all the time.

It seems pretty bitch eating crackers at this point.

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM
http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMS05YjFkMzUwNDEwNjE1ZjQ4

It was a reference to this ^^^

Yeah, it's definitely not cool that she told her what it was :( I assumed she just said "go give this envelope to your dad"
Maybe she was worried he wouldn't open it or look at it if he didn't know what it was?
Tpayne2011
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
DH isn't that kind of person. He's like a Mr. Rodgers or Bill Cosby kind of guy lol. I don't think that justifies a child getting involved

Quoting JacyB:

http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMS05YjFkMzUwNDEwNjE1ZjQ4

It was a reference to this ^^^

Yeah, it's definitely not cool that she told her what it was :( I assumed she just said "go give this envelope to your dad"

Maybe she was worried he wouldn't open it or look at it if he didn't know what it was?

stepconfused182
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Hmm I can see where you're coming from. The kid didnt need to be in the middle and shouldn't have been. Shame on BM for that. But, really what harm is it for her to know that was a money order for returned child support? How old is she? I'm leaning more towards how you feel but probably wouldn't dwell on it.
andie646c
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I don't really see it as that horrible of a thing unless BM is the kind to blame money problems on BD in front of SD.

Example: If your dad would just pay enough in CS you would be able to do ballet

If she is giving it back because he has overpaid and nothing else is said other than that then it is a good lesson in responsibility and "good sportsmanship"

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Returned CS? As in a check bounced. I see nothing wrong with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM

eh... I don't think it's that big a deal. It was just an envelope. 

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Quoting andie646c:

I don't really see it as that horrible of a thing unless BM is the kind to blame money problems on BD in front of SD.

Example: If your dad would just pay enough in CS you would be able to do ballet

If she is giving it back because he has overpaid and nothing else is said other than that then it is a good lesson in responsibility and "good sportsmanship"

I agree with this.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM

ummm... you are hostile toward her.

This post is an example, but all your posts suggest you have quite a bit of hostility toward her. I'm sure she (and her kids) can easily pick up on that.

Quoting Tpayne2011:

I didn't understand the last part of your post, but SD knew what it was, I think that's the part that was upsetting. We meet at the station because BM is trying to make a case for custody by saying we are hostile towards her. We use to meet at the gas station down the rd and she was pissed because we won't let her come to our home and pick SD up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN