Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Love my Skids :)

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
5 moms liked this

Skids are here for the weekend. :) Tonight DH told the kids to go to bed, which they never go to bed on time lol, so I went in there with them for a minute or two since I haven't seen them in a while.

They are all so sweet. My OSS went into his backpack and said he snagged me some "real" oreos from his house. Lol. My DH always get those peanut butter ones which I hate. My SD was talking a mile minute like always, telling me about the woods, and how she wants to go the park tomorrow and we need to have a girls night tomorrow. (We paint our nails and watch Say Yes to the Dress, a million times.)

Then my YSS says that he was watching a show on his IPod I got him for Christmas. He takes off his head phones and sits next to me and says that him & mommy watch this show together. He wants me to watch it with him too. So we watched Adventure Time for a minute or two and he said well watch one tomorrow. It was so cute and sweet.

Love them to pieces. I am so lucky after reading all these posts of crazy BM and Skids that hate them that its not like this for me. Regardless of whatever issues I have/don't have with BM at least she was kind enough to give me this without interference, or bad mouth me to them. 

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Emyles
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
That is great to hear! My skids live with us, so a lot of special moments I get! I'm glad you have these moments, if ever bm gives issues remember things moments and over look her! :-)

Venting is prefectly fine, but at the end of it all brush bm off.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MiMi03331
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I love this.  Thank you for sharing something so positive.  I love my 3 SD's too and love my unique, individual relationship with each one of them.  Thanks again for sharing this!

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Thanks for sharing. I too love my skids and enjoy the special moments I get to have with each one.
kappalopokis
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not feeling well today. I was sitting in the computer room with SD (8), playing escape games. DH walked in and started bothering SD, so I started whining (playfully) that I was sick and needed him and he had to stop annoying SD and take care of his wife.

Well SS (5) hears the commotion and comes in, he looks me in the face, smiles, and says "Daddy come cuddle with me?" SS NEVER does this. Never.

Well, since SS never does this my DH gets up from hugging me, and goes to the bedroom with SS. A second later we hear the bedroom door slam, and here comes SS running towards me yelling "I told you to stay away from MY woman!" Then he leapt into my lap and hugged me and said "I'll take care of you when you're sick baby!"

Love these moments with my little monsters!

Glad you have a chance to have special time with yours!
destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kappalopokis:

I'm not feeling well today. I was sitting in the computer room with SD (8), playing escape games. DH walked in and started bothering SD, so I started whining (playfully) that I was sick and needed him and he had to stop annoying SD and take care of his wife.

Well SS (5) hears the commotion and comes in, he looks me in the face, smiles, and says "Daddy come cuddle with me?" SS NEVER does this. Never.

Well, since SS never does this my DH gets up from hugging me, and goes to the bedroom with SS. A second later we hear the bedroom door slam, and here comes SS running towards me yelling "I told you to stay away from MY woman!" Then he leapt into my lap and hugged me and said "I'll take care of you when you're sick baby!"

My Skids always try to take care of me too when I'm sick  One day in the summer, I had called off work because I had the worst migraine I think of my entire life. I was physically ill it was that bad. So I told my Skids, "Hey guys I'm gonna keep the door open, but my head hurts really really bad. Breakfast is on the table, if you guys get hungry OSS there is some hotdogs in the fridge you can heat up in the micowave okay?"

My SD ended up coming in and rubbing my temples sweet little thing an hour after I explained I wasn't feeling well. And my OSS brought me some ibuprofen,put a wash cloth on my head and my YSS kept trying to check on me the whole day. It was really thoughtful. Then my DH gets home and my YSS yells at him and says "SM is sick. You need to take care of her daddy." They are all very sweet and thoughtful children. I am very very lucky to have them in my life.

kappalopokis
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Well with my little guy it was less trying to take care of me, and more intentionally plotting to get Dad out of the picture. Sneaky little brat!

BUT, I like him more than his dad most of the time anyway, so it's cool. (Just kidding).

Quoting destinyangl21:

Quoting kappalopokis:

My Skids always try to take care of me too when I'm sick  One day in the summer, I had called off work because I had the worst migraine I think of my entire life. I was physically ill it was that bad. So I told my Skids, "Hey guys I'm gonna keep the door open, but my head hurts really really bad. Breakfast is on the table, if you guys get hungry OSS there is some hotdogs in the fridge you can heat up in the micowave okay?"

My SD ended up coming in and rubbing my temples sweet little thing an hour after I explained I wasn't feeling well. And my OSS brought me some ibuprofen,put a wash cloth on my head and my YSS kept trying to check on me the whole day. It was really thoughtful. Then my DH gets home and my YSS yells at him and says "SM is sick. You need to take care of her daddy." They are all very sweet and thoughtful children. I am very very lucky to have them in my life.

rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Its great to hear a positive story!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)