Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Thought BM had gotten it right this time...she bought a cute, age appropriate dress for SD...until SD turned around!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

So BM has been buying inappropriate clothes for SD (who lives with us and only sees BM during the summer and every other Christmas). When SD was six she bought her sexy underwear and bras, she sent her a belly dancer outfit for her 6th birthday...Think of princess Jasmine...but less cloth. She buys her short shorts and sexy tops. All the dresses she has bought her in the past were barely past SD's butt.

Well, SD spent this last Christmas with her BM and today she got dressed in a dress BM had bought her. It's long enough, really pretty, with 3/4 sleeves, and really suits SD. Then SD turned to walk away and it's got a slit up the back that stops just below her butt. I was like "WHAT THE..." then SD bent over to pick up her cat and I got a full booty shot of her undies! I told SD she would have to wear tights and that I'd have to stitch that slit down a little. Upset SD...but dang!

She's 9 years old (almost 10) and her mom is trying, but she just seems to want to dress SD like a little hooker most of the time. I was so pleased with this dress, and it's an easy fix that no one will notice, so it could be worse. lol

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Lol. When I first clicked on your post I was thinking like ass less chaps or jeans! Lol I'm sorry...just work with it. At least she bought her something.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ksterling02
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM
LOL!!!

Quoting saywhat2102:

Lol. When I first clicked on your post I was thinking like ass less chaps or jeans! Lol I'm sorry...just work with it. At least she bought her something.....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM
We had that, except it was SD's grandfather buying the clothes. Everything was too right, too short, too low cut...too slutty! At age five, he bought her fishnet stockings! BM's worst offense is buying clothes for a then-tween SD that were three sizes too smal and telling her she could lose weight to fit in them.
Everything was thrown away or donated. I didn't have the heart to donate the really slutty stuff - no one is so down on their luck that they need to dress their ten year old like a prosti-tot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM

no, but she bought her a bikini that was see through in several places including the top of her butt crack. LOL, I have to give BM props. I think she actually tried this time and just didn't realize how far up that slit went.

Quoting saywhat2102:

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM

My SD has absurdly long legs, so it seems like if you find jeans that fit in the waist they're too short in the legs. If you find some that fit in the legs they bag at the waist and butt area. So BM told SD that she'd just have to wear shorts and skirts until she "thickened up" a little. She's been a stick her entire life! lol

Sometimes mom's can be so insensitive. My mother tried buying me a really cute outfit that was too little when I was about 13 and told me that it was incentive to lose weight. I didn't.

Quoting HopesNDreams:

We had that, except it was SD's grandfather buying the clothes. Everything was too right, too short, too low cut...too slutty! At age five, he bought her fishnet stockings! BM's worst offense is buying clothes for a then-tween SD that were three sizes too smal and telling her she could lose weight to fit in them.
Everything was thrown away or donated. I didn't have the heart to donate the really slutty stuff - no one is so down on their luck that they need to dress their ten year old like a prosti-tot.

angelmommy2806
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Lmao!

Quoting saywhat2102:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Just keep your sense of humor about it lol ;-) my 9 year old stepson still gets clothes that a 5 year old would wear ya know?! We just smile say thank you and then donate. Its the thought that counts but sometimes I do wonder what the hell they were thinking.....

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

no, but she bought her a bikini that was see through in several places including the top of her butt crack. LOL, I have to give BM props. I think she actually tried this time and just didn't realize how far up that slit went.

Quoting saywhat2102:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN