Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support.. I want to scream/Cry!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 25 Replies

My DH has 2 child support cases.   Our bank transferred all funds to only 1 account since October.  Teller error and we found out through CS putting a freeze on our account and took a payment for the one who didnt get their payment.     So one account is paid thru May and the other is behind since Novemebr now.  We need 3 payments to catch up on that account.   The one who is way overpaid is the one for SD 19 who will hopefully graduate "this time" in May.  Her BM doesnt even live with her she lives with her BF.  SD 19 lives with her BF also.  We have the youngest SD and never asked for CS from this BM.  So figuring after she was paid up till May by mistake we just had to pay on the one account..  Today my DH employer gets a notice to deduct for both accounts this week.   I could puke.  She will be way overpaid now and what is really sad is even though this BM was being way over paid since October.. her daughter who she dont contribute a dime for she couldnt buy her a birthday card or even a christmas card.  Sad.  

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you have any plans on what you are going to do? I would start looking into closing those accounts down and working on cash only to insure that I kept my mortgage going and lights on. KWIM? I would rather be taken to court at a later date and do the explanation to a judge and actually have a car to get there with! LOL!

tottaxi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM

How does DH have child support set up?  With bank accounts?  Why doesn't he just have it payroll deducted through the state?  This seems odd...and confusing.  You can't do much about what has happened now, but a better system needs to be set up for the future.

In my state even though CS is to go through to the age of 18, you still have to apply to have it discontinued.  You can't just automatically stop when the kid graduates.  I figure it is one last chance for the attorneys and court system to bleed another dime out of us! 

It might be time to modify the CS if  your husband has physical custody of his daughter.  It sounds like a real mess.

Do the two of you have children together?

tiredmama42
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Quoting baparrot2:

Do you have any plans on what you are going to do? I would start looking into closing those accounts down and working on cash only to insure that I kept my mortgage going and lights on. KWIM? I would rather be taken to court at a later date and do the explanation to a judge and actually have a car to get there with! LOL!

I am switching all my stuff into my own account.  I realize that we can never have a joint account now. Hard lesson learned for sure.

tiredmama42
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Quoting tottaxi:

How does DH have child support set up?  With bank accounts?  Why doesn't he just have it payroll deducted through the state?  This seems odd...and confusing.  You can't do much about what has happened now, but a better system needs to be set up for the future.

In my state even though CS is to go through to the age of 18, you still have to apply to have it discontinued.  You can't just automatically stop when the kid graduates.  I figure it is one last chance for the attorneys and court system to bleed another dime out of us! 

It might be time to modify the CS if  your husband has physical custody of his daughter.  It sounds like a real mess.

Do the two of you have children together?

He is a independant contractor.  He has always paid on time directly to a credit Union that transferred the money into the 2 CS accounts.  That teller who usually did it quit and another teller took over and only sent all the funds to only one account.    CS does not end at 18 if they dont graduate.. she should have graduated at 17 but cant get out of bed to go to school.   He recently filled out a review.  He wanted to wash the CS because the BM had the SD 19 and we have had SD 17 since june.  He is a huge procratinator.

No kids together he has 5 kids I have 2.  If I ever got pregnant again Id be emailing from the nut ward...lol  

tottaxi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM

LOL!  I hear ya!  I don't see how you do it!

Maybe this error will help DH to stop procrastinating and get the job done!  Everything happens for a purpose...maybe that is it!!!

Don't you love how banks can make errors and their attitude is just "Oh well. Sorry about that!"  They should have to cover the error with their OWN funds.  Maybe then the clerks would do a better job.  I wonder if the teller that quit screwed up anyone else's account...

tiredmama42
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Quoting tottaxi:

LOL!  I hear ya!  I don't see how you do it!

Maybe this error will help DH to stop procrastinating and get the job done!  Everything happens for a purpose...maybe that is it!!!

Don't you love how banks can make errors and their attitude is just "Oh well. Sorry about that!"  They should have to cover the error with their OWN funds.  Maybe then the clerks would do a better job.  I wonder if the teller that quit screwed up anyone else's account...

Hes procrastination has really got us in a mess.  Hard lesson learned.

With the teller though.. it doesnt make sense to me because I deal with accounts and in each account it has a protocol to follow.  The old teller must have had notes in the system because if she transferred the funds she would have to have instructions, account numbers etc.  The new teller just didnt read all the instructions.    Just makes me sick all this mess.  I honestly believe that the people who actually pay CS they enjoy harrassing.   My ex has never paid a dime and they have done nothing to him.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

i would go back and have the cases adjusted if i were you. if SD19 is not in college full time or living w her mom they should end it. if you ahve the other living w you why would you pay it?

tiredmama42
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

He just sent in the paperwork for the review today.   He just informed me today that the amount hes been paying includes the one living with us too.  He originally told me it was dropped to just the 19 year old.  Talk about a BM making out well on CS.  Burns me up that she dont even live with any of her kids.   

Really not happy with the DH right now. 

tottaxi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Well, at least he sent in the paperwork.   Why would he want to send these women money for children that you and he are supporting?  I'd be pretty unhappy, too.

Let us know how this plays out.  Sending CS to someone who isn't parenting is just providing her a personal income.  I'd like to know how she justifies this to the court.

tiredmama42
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Quoting tottaxi:

Well, at least he sent in the paperwork.   Why would he want to send these women money for children that you and he are supporting?  I'd be pretty unhappy, too.

Let us know how this plays out.  Sending CS to someone who isn't parenting is just providing her a personal income.  I'd like to know how she justifies this to the court.

She was over paid 500.00 per month since October and doesnt even live with none of her kids.   My DH works on commision and things have been really bad.  His last check was 100.00 before that was 500.00.  So of course I am the one who handles the finances and makes sure everything is paid.  Even the CS  when hes not working.  I truly feel like I am taken advantage of at this point.    My SD's were all upset because the BM didnt buy anything for any of them for Christmas but bought for her new BF.  I am not one to bash any mother I just feel ripped off in this case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)