Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD hanging out in the bathroom *edit*

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 14 Replies
So the last month or so I noticed SD spending a lot of time in the bathroom. Right after a meal, when she was told to do something, etc. I didn't say anything to Dh or her. Just figured she was sick or trying to get out of eating, which she does a lot, or out of her chores.

Dh brings it up to me last night. Sister in law texts me to ask me the deal. So I guess it wasn't just me.

So Friday, I pick her up. Dh has had the boys all day and is sick. I am making dinner. SD disappears so I go looking. She is standing in her room chomping her fingers. I ask her what the deal is. Toilet is stopped up and she needs to go. I say grab the plunger and fix it and go. Dh had, unbeknownst to me, already told her the same thing. Then SD says, I am not gonna be able to eat all weekend cuz my stomach has been messed up at BMS all week. I say everyone is eating. If u were that sick bm would have called.

So she is in and out of the bathroom. Then she was snooping in our bathroom. Dh caught her and she flew out so fast that she almost knocked me over to get by. Would not answer any questions.

I went in a few times after her to see if she has diarrhea. There is an odor, ya know. No odor. Dh says he has been getting on to her because she used two half rolls of toilet paper in a 30 min time frame last weekend.

Sister in law said she was in and out of hers and since she knows how SD is, assumed she was snooping.

We were outside a lot this weekend and she never had to come in to use the bathroom so that pretty much ruled out if she was really "sick". Dh wants me to bring it up in therapy Wednesday. That and her chewing her fingers and lips again. She chews when something is up with her or she is up to something. I have disengaged so, although I have noticed all these things, did not being them up to Dh . He noticed on his own, which is a plus.

So anybody dealt with this or have any ideas to what is going on the the constant bathroom trips?

OK so searched for period panties everywhere. I found nothing but an empty bottle of benadryl in the med cabinet. This was not there before. And my missing tweezers that have been missing for a month. There was some vitamin d and some model in there.I promptly removed these items from the medicine cabinet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmama42
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Are you sure she might not have IBS?  Chewing fingers and lips etc.. sounds like anxiety and IBS seems to be more active when anxiety is high.

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM
How old is she?
sassy711
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM

How old is SD?  IBS is one explanation, snooping is another, so is purging.  At the next counseling session DH needs to bring up the behavior in the home as well as what SIL said.  Get ahead of the problem before it runs SD's life.  Good luck

LittleMama2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:21 AM
She is 10. We had issues last year with her hours long tantrums and she would try to make herself throw up during them. I did not want to make a huge deal or embarrass her but since others are noticing, it seems like there is something going on.
mamakenzi
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I was thinking first period.

Quoting sassy711:

How old is SD?  IBS is one explanation, snooping is another, so is purging.  At the next counseling session DH needs to bring up the behavior in the home as well as what SIL said.  Get ahead of the problem before it runs SD's life.  Good luck

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Making a 10 year old plunge a toilet is a bit odd.

LittleMama2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Dh said she stopped it up by unrolling half the roll into the toilet. She said it was because she"felt like it". She made the mess, she cleans it up.

Quoting baparrot2:

Making a 10 year old plunge a toilet is a bit odd.

LittleMama2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I was thinking that as well. So looked for obvious signs. Asked her if she was ok. Said she was fine. We are pretty open about those things so I suppose she would talk to me. I thought if she had started there would be blood somewhere or dirty underwear.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Quoting sassy711:

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM
She may have put them in the trash, taken the home, etc.

Quoting LittleMama2012:

I was thinking that as well. So looked for obvious signs. Asked her if she was ok. Said she was fine. We are pretty open about those things so I suppose she would talk to me. I thought if she had started there would be blood somewhere or dirty underwear.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Quoting sassy711:

LittleMama2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Pretty sure bm took her to the doc and IBS was discussed but she didn't have it. I will bring that up though. Bm did take her for a gas problem but it ended up being something she was eating there. She has no gas problem we have noticed here.

Quoting tiredmama42:

Are you sure she might not have IBS?  Chewing fingers and lips etc.. sounds like anxiety and IBS seems to be more active when anxiety is high.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)