Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure what to think about SM ***EDITED- with ex of pics***

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 107 Replies

EDITED*** These are just a couple of examples of the types of pics that were in the book.

OK my DD11 had asked me previously to make a book of baby pics to take to her BD's so that she could have some baby pics over there. (She doesn't have any pics before the age of 4 over there.) I agreed and her and I sat down and she picked out some of her pics (there were no pics of me and her dad together with her- I made sure of that) and I made a book online. She took it with her this past weekend to her BD's. Well she calls me Saturday almost in tears but won't tell me what's wrong over the phone but she does tell me she's bringing the book back with her. Ummmm, ok?

She comes home last night and starts crying when she pulls the book out of her bag. I asked what happened, she said her BD really liked the book. I said ok then why are you bringing it back home? She said that SM was looking at it and got "really jealous" and started crying and went into her bedroom. I said there weren't any pictures in there for SM to get jealous of, DD said she knew that and even her BD said that. BUT BD told DD11 that SM is really jealous of me and he doesn't know what to do. I have no clue why she is jealous of me, she has no reason to be. Most of the pics were of SD and BD and his side of the family. SM didn't want the book at their house, so DD brought it home. She said her BD told her it was ok for her to keep it there, but DD didn't want to cause anymore problems between BD and SM.

DD really wants the book at BD's. I don't know whether to just leave it alone, or possibly text BD. What would you guys do? Leave it alone or try to deal with it?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's strange that she needs the book there. How much time does she spend there? Is she away from your home for long periods of time? Does she get homesick? What is the purpose of the book?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovingMy2x4
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd leave it alone. Thats sad for your daughter though. 

destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM

That is SM issue not your DD. *Sighs* its so sad that when women can't get over their own insecurities and it affects the child. I would talk to your ex about it.

kmur
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM

are there other kids at bds house and thats why she wants pics of herself there also?

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM

She only spends EOWE there, so about 4 nights a month. She does get homesick for me almost every weekend that she's there. DD has really gotten into looking at baby pics of herself (I make them scrapbooks and whatnot at my house) and said that her BD didn't have any of her and she asked me if I could make her a book to take over there. I agreed. I don't think it's strange that she wants some little pics of herself over at her BD's house. She especially wanted baby pics with her daddy in them. I didn't think that was a bad thing. He even liked the book.

Quoting KnowItAll:

I think it's strange that she needs the book there. How much time does she spend there? Is she away from your home for long periods of time? Does she get homesick? What is the purpose of the book?

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM

No, SM doesn't have any children and my ex only has our 2 kids that are there EOWE. DD said that SM put up the new Christmas pics that I had given them and she wanted some baby pics of herself over there, too.

Quoting kmur:

are there other kids at bds house and thats why she wants pics of herself there also?

achapman
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM

is BD for Baby daddy cause it sounds like your saying my daughter's baby daddy liked it lol sorry just wondering I'm a lil slow the the cafemom lingo. On a side note im a step mom and my sk's brought some pics over and i didn't mind a bit in fact i was happy because we didnt have any of them as babies because their mother ripped them off the wall at one point long story. Anyway i would have a calm civil conversation with her dad or even maybe both the dad and the step mom as to why it was such a big deal for your daughter to have some pictures.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM

BD- Bio Dad

I am still debating on whether to text BD about it. From what DD said, he's fine with the pics. I don't think I want to talk to SM though. I just feel bad for DD.

Quoting achapman:

is BD for Baby daddy cause it sounds like your saying my daughter's baby daddy liked it lol sorry just wondering I'm a lil slow the the cafemom lingo. On a side note im a step mom and my sk's brought some pics over and i didn't mind a bit in fact i was happy because we didnt have any of them as babies because their mother ripped them off the wall at one point long story. Anyway i would have a calm civil conversation with her dad or even maybe both the dad and the step mom as to why it was such a big deal for your daughter to have some pictures.

adamsmom0116
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Maybe SM is jealous because you have kids with your ex and she wants kids with him but doesn't have any????

Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

No, SM doesn't have any children and my ex only has our 2 kids that are there EOWE. DD said that SM put up the new Christmas pics that I had given them and she wanted some baby pics of herself over there, too.

Quoting kmur:

EricaG87
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM

huh.  That's messed up. Even if SM was upset she shouldn't have shown that emotion to SD at all.  And I don't really understand why it would upset her that much, as long as there weren't pictures of you in it, which you said there weren't. I would love if BM in our situation sent a book of SD's baby pics.  One time DF asked for some copies of pics of SD from before they split up and BM refused. Sounds like she's overly sensitive and kind of a controlling jerk.  On the video that DF's family made for DF's dad's funeral there were a couple of pictures with DF and BM sitting together and like holding hands or something and that kind of made me the tiniest bit jealous but then I looked over at DF and he looked like he was going to puke and said "oh god, GROSS" and it made me feel better lol. But then again they really do not like eachother,  my ex and I still have pictures of ourselves together and they don't bother us because we still ike eachother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)