Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding issue

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 46 Replies

so, i breast fed both my kids for a year. im not a crazy boob nazi but i do think its better for a baby if possible to do.

neither of SO's BM even tried. fine if they didnt want to, thats up to them but SO says hes not really into it. i told him i dont care. then he asked me how long was i planning to, a month? um no. he said " 6 months to a YEAR no way!" i said yes way, just be supportive. you will get used to it.

yesterday SO, ss9 and i were talking about something and i said something about nursing the baby and ss9 said "huh?" so said "when she gives the baby a bottle" and i said "no i am not giving the baby a bottle" and he grunted and made some weird face and "not now".

i hope he does not think im going to hide int he room when i nurse the baby when his kids are there. thats not going down. im not a boobie shower. i will cover up. but im not kicking it in the room. nope.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Kinda weird you guys are talking about this NOW dont ya think?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM

we talked about it before and he was resigned to it. i assumed he would talk about it w his kids. guess i made an ass out of u and me. -_- (or him)

Tillymommie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't get why people seem to be so embarassed by BF. I show less boob BF my DD at the park then some of the mommas playing with their kids. OH the cleavage I have seen! But I am wrong for feeding my baby. *shakes head* 9 is old enough to understand. My 3yo DS and DSS understand. Although it is pretty funny because DD tried latching onto DS and he screamed I don't have boobie milk!  Then DSS goes, SISTER NEEDS THE BOOBIE!

Yea fun times. (I am lucky though BM tried to BF so she isn't all up in arms about me nursing.)

orcawhales98
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM

So when are you due maybe you have time for him to change his mind.  My exh insisted on me breastfeeding so he didn't have to get up at 3am to feed the baby.  But that is because exh was lazy POS.  But I didn't mind it gave me bonding time with baby.  Plus breastfeeding saves you so much money on formula.  I mean you can pump and give bottle to baby when you have to work or have someone else watch the baby.  But that is so odd that SO is acting like that. Like he has a phobia to boobs or something. LOL

sassy711
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Your child your choice and no one (not even SO/DH) has the right to dictate what/when/where you feed your child.  This is a maternal decision

Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I breastfed in front of the skids.  It was no big deal we were open and honest.  Actually I'm still nursing some and he's almost 2 1/2.  DH is ok with it.  SS had a huge problem with staring at girls' boobs before, but after I breastfed, it has gotten better.  He's not so obsessed any more.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i will bf, and the skids and SO will get used to it. it will just be easier if he got more than halfways on board lol

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Could you say something to BM about it? That DH has issues talking about that in front of the kids and you don't feel it is your place to explain that to them? Then BM can either do it or she can give you the okay to do it.

bellaamore
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM

My husband was relieved when he realized he never had to get up at night when baby was hungry, lol.

Once baby is born, itll likely get better. But,id suggest letting him read the benefits to bothyou and baby and tell him that you could pump once baby isa little older sohe and the other kids could take a turn feeding everey now and then.

kate80
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM
If dh and I have a child it will be bf and I will not be hiding. I doubt dh would have a problem with it. Sd is 10.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)