Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats with all the negativity?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 27 Replies
6 moms liked this

Im pretty much new here so forgive me if I'm talking out my you no what. As I read over some of the replies in posts I am astonished at some of the negative comments given. Is there a reason for this that i am missing? I thought this was a place to come to get some advise on what people are dealing with not a place to get ripped to shreds just because someone doesn't agree. I am all for debates and personally like to hear from others who disagree but when it turns to name calling or just simple making a very negative comment with no help what so ever then I think we should all do what we were taught and keep our mouths shut. 

I  recently read a post and one of the comments was nothing but pure garbage, there was no word of advise, just a nasty reply to the post. Why even leave a comment? Just move on and enjoy your day.

IDK maybe I'm over stepping here with this post. I just think that if you have no advise to help someone in need then leave it alone.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss-tearious
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this

I definitely don't think you are overstepping. I have wondered the same things ever since I joined this group, I think like a month ago. It drives me nuts. And when you post a comment asking why people are being so negative the ones who are negative are like, "WHO in here is being negative, I don't see anyone being negative!" Oh puh-lease.

Miss-tearious
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

PS - You might get some really nasty comments on here because of this post :(

shannon2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I am new here and I thought and think the same thing.  I am actually in awe at some of the responses I have read.

itmomma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Nope, you're right. It is like that around here. I recently joined again but was quickly reminded that this is not a place for friendly advice. In fact, it's the most negative "support group" I've ever come accros lol. Watch how quickly a post will become about how the poster is an idiot for asking what she is asking rather then addressing actual question.

angelmommy2806
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
There's a post like this every few days. The general consensus is if you don't like the advice given, then ignore it. You're not going to get a bunch of rainbow and sunshine replies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Troubleswife
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

This is an open group with a lot of mom's who are both a BM/SM combo.  I think there are a lot of agendas that cloud somes posts. It is hard when they might've once been a step-child or are the X-wife. It impacts  how they react and respond to posts. Unfortunately, there is a lot of good advice in those posts but it's lost in the delivery.

SavesSpiders
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree - there are some folks on the site to vent, some to snoop, some with issues, some with too much time on their hands... However, there are some good eggs too.  Hang in there.  I've had some good advice between the lectures and negativity.  

Welcome and I hope you stay so you can add your positive attitude to ours.  

Quoting Troubleswife:

This is an open group with a lot of mom's who are both a BM/SM combo.  I think there are a lot of agendas that cloud somes posts. It is hard when they might've once been a step-child or are the X-wife. It impacts  how they react and respond to posts. Unfortunately, there is a lot of good advice in those posts but it's lost in the delivery.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Ignore the negative feed back.  It's easy. :)

Tillymommie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Its not really that negative. Mostly a ton of honestly, which isn't always want the poster wants to hear. I remember my first week on here, I kinda felt the same way, but the more I actually read what people posted, what was commented, etc, I saw a lot of reason and truth in the 'mean, rude comments'.

Yes there are some intentionally mean rude comments but not nearly as many as people tend to think. I read your previous post and you got a ton of good comments and advice. I think it is what you make it and hope you stick around to see the good in this group. I promise its there.

sid1083
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Between the negative posts, there are definitely some positive ones. You just have to keep looking maybe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)