Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to charge or not to charge

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: do I charge for..

Options:

just her ydd

her ydd and SD

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

while I do not consider my self a babysitter during our time. this is not during our time, it's during BM's time. so BM just went through a interesting court situation with her ydd and her exh and now she has to find proper childcare for SD and her ydd. BM works 6am-2pm and has usually one day off a week which alternates.

so she has hired my bff to watch them in the mornings before school because they live across the apt complex from each other and she wanted someone I trusted, in case they have to go back to court. bff has a full time job that starts at 8am. 

on days that the girls get out of school at 1130am or no school days she wants me to watch them. so my question is what do I charge? and do I charge for one or both girls. I charge the people I babysit for 2.50 per kid per hr.   

I'm adding a poll so I don't have to read through it all. 

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't charge anything for either of them. They are the children of your so.

weaveress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Quoting ambermario4ever:

no the little sister is not. 

The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

Refurbished
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM

If it were me, I wouldn't charge her at all.  Coparenting works best when both sides give a little extra.  But if you really felt you needed to, then only charge for YDD.

weaveress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting Refurbished:

If it were me, I wouldn't charge her at all.  Coparenting works best when both sides give a little extra.  But if you really felt you needed to, then only charge for YDD.

is this coparenting? I guess I didn't see it as coparenting. can you tell me why it is?

ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quoting weaveress:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

no the little sister is not. 

Well she is still related to your so's dd and I would not charge anything for watching the child but maybe just ask for money to feed the youngest.

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

progressandjoy
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I wouldn't charge for either.

If you want to cultivate a friendly relationship with BM, you're going to have to give a little. I think charging her is only going to cause tension, especially if she views this as giving you ‘extra' time. If you decide to go somewhere like a movie or theme park, you can ask her to pay for the admission of her daughter. However, if you're just hanging out at the house with the kiddos, I wouldn't charge.

LittleMama2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
If it is convenient for you to keep them, I wouldn't charge. I would just consider this a favor, it would keep peace knowing bm can depend on sm, and eventhough one isn't your dh's, SD is spending time with family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
feliciasmith
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM

That's a tough one. It's really not your responsibility to watch her ydd or even your sd if your dh isn't there. While you want to stay on "good terms" with bm she still have obligations to her other child.

Man, that's hard lol if you did charge you should only charge to the ydd I suppose.

Tillymommie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

What are the actual hours you will be watching the girls? And how many days? I would maybe ask for a flat rate of $10 a day(if more then 2-3 hours) for both to feed them and get them little snacks or to just have a little you money. I wouldn't separate it, just a flat rate, not singling out either child.

I use this base on what my aunt did when she started watching DSS along with DS. It was free to begin with but later she asked for $40 a week for extras. She asked for this whether she was watching just DS or just DSS or both. The money literally is used to buy fruit and snacks throughout the week.

paknari
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry but I've never seen anyone type ydd. What is that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)