Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! This is my story!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

My name is Jen and I am a loving mother to 2 of my own and 1 step child. It really has been a rocky road..when I first met my step child she was 8 month old and her Mom wasnt very interested in being a mom she of course wanted to party and not have a care in the world, So me only knowing Sky for a short time started watching her on a daily basis even quit my job to watch her. Well anyway of course bm was never to be found so Sky had some serious issues and started lashing out after my husband and I had our child. She was enraged with jealousy and would bite me..kick me...sit and constantly cry..it came to the point of where I had to go get medicated to deal with it all becuaseI would never kick her out or make her feel unwelcome. Anyway for the next 4 years my husband and I raised Sky and out of nowhere the BM decides to move 2 hours away and take us to court, And with our society we all know that Washington state lets the Mom win everytime unless they are on crack. So within this 4 years Sky and I grew a very close bond as she got older it was like she looked at me like I was her mom(Wich i know I cant replace) Anyway when her BM finally told her that she was moving Sky spent days just crying and crying because she wanted to stay with us. Well turns out now the courts decided we only get her 4 days a month=( we went to 4 days a month out of having her 75% of the time and now we have to pay child support and drive an hour furthur and we both have squeaky clean records. It just amazes me. Anyway thats my story=)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamaBerg85
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I think u need a lawyer. That's crap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Tons of crap! How can a court rip a child out of a house and away from a family that has raised her for YEARS when BM didn't care at all? I agree. OP, you guys need to get a lawyer and have this legal "error" corrected. BM or not, this is certainly NOT in the childĀ“s best interest what has taken place. 

Quoting mamaBerg85:

I think u need a lawyer. That's crap.

Jinnay
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I agree and I do have a lawyer and we have been fighting it for a year now=( Its exhausting. But we dont have "proof" that she is an alcoholic. I really didnt understand why it all went down the way it did. We have another trial coming up in June I am crossing my fingers but dont feel optimistic.

mamaBerg85
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Have u always had the same lawyer if so its time for soneone new.

Quoting Jinnay:

I agree and I do have a lawyer and we have been fighting it for a year now=( Its exhausting. But we dont have "proof" that she is an alcoholic. I really didnt understand why it all went down the way it did. We have another trial coming up in June I am crossing my fingers but dont feel optimistic.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I don't understand. WA state also makes it hard for the custodial parent to move. How is BM able to just move without clearing it with the courts first?
Jinnay
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

She was able to move because she claimed that she was going to go to school to better her life and her mother and sister live where she went. So the judge must have felt sorry for her or something even with our log of how much we had her and how her mom never called her or even checked to see how she is. Now granted in the summer we get her all but the 2 weeks before school starts. but its still been really hard to adjust especially since my youngest loves her sister dearly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)