Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Observation time

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 129 Replies
1 mom liked this

I swear, this just cannot be true. But it appears to be so on this and other forums like this one.

Stepkids are the only kids who have really bad behavior. Anyone notice that too?

I mean seriously, they are rude, obnoxious, gross, liars.....and make grown women hide in bedrooms.

Maybe......you guys just don't like other peoples children. But you seem to love and cherish your own like they........came from a golden uterus or something. ;)

And how many posts do we really need about all the negativity in here from BM's when it is pretty damn clear from all these posts lately that these SM's can't stand their skids. Talk about negativity.

Carry on.

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if only you are willing to listen. - Jimmy Buffet
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG this is so true.

BM's kids suck. SM's kids are so much better.

And Dad is... a good father? It's not his fault his kid is a monster?

ugh.

Sarahb21
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM

My SS has a lot of behavior issues, but I know it's due to the completely different expectations between houses and all the mind games his mother plays with him. He wasn't always that way, but it's gotten worse in the past 3 yrs or so. He's in counseling and hopefully it will help things.

I love him to death and have been with his dad since he was 8 months old. He's now 9 1/2.

But I have 3 boys. They are all pretty gross at times. lol Our 2 boys have moments of bad behavior, but they aren't a steady stream of bad behavior like SS's is.

SammyJK
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Hey my kids are brats too when then the mood strikes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Quoting whatIknownow:

OMG this is so true.

BM's kids suck. SM's kids are so much better.

And Dad is... a good father? It's not his fault his kid is a monster?

ugh.

Now watch as the steady stream of justifications come flooding in about how true my statement is. But one must consider the source! Would it be different if it were the dad or the mom writing about their children? would it sound like this? No, it wouldnt. Be careful ladies, someday there is just another woman lying in wait to hate your child just as much. Be real careful.

Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Typical child asshattery turns into OMG they are so horrible posts when they are skids.  Especially when the SM wants, but can't get control of the situation.

Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I LOVE my stepsons, they are AWESOME!! I honestly hope, and have said so to everyone, that my kids turn out as wonderful as my stepsons are. :)

Tillymommie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM

My kids are equally bratty. Heck I felt horrible for poor DSS last year because DS was in a biting stage. I thought I was going to have to bite DS's hand off to teach him to stop.

But I have noticed a lot of I can't stand my SKs posts lately. Sadness.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM
My own kids are pains in the ass. Well ds14 is at least lol....

Anytime the skids show their ass its usually due to so being inconsistent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
....ClvrScn.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My stepdaughter is a brat
My son is a brat

Shrugs - the difference is that unlike SD's parents, I'm not detached from reality. I saw my son had psychological/emotional issues and had him evaluated and a treatment plan is being implemented. A diagnosis was made and my husband and I, my sons parents, are being proactive in treating the diagnosis

My stepdaughter is a brat the needs some counseling. She's obviously an angry child, and has some attachment problems, but her parents are delusional - especially dh, who thinks his little princess is god's gift to the world - until she starts treating him the way she treats the rest of the world - then he ships her off to her mom

My husband is a fabulous dad to my son 5 days a week and a crappy ass dad to my son and his daughter the other two days a week

I am not afraid to admit that I am looking forward to SD starting school and coming over less often. I will have the man I married at least 2 weekends a month and SD will have other adults unbiased adults in her life ( teachers) who can tell her parents she needs some help before it gets any worse . This has nothing to do with hating my stepdaughter and everything to do with the fact that I married her father, who appeared to have it under control - until the going got tough. Then he shut down.

It wasn't always this way. SD used to be a happy child, a loving child - then something happened and neither of her parents are willing to find out what it is
....ClvrScn.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM
4 moms liked this
I would also like to point out that this is a group for step moms. This is where I come to talk about my stepdaughter.

My son has ADHD and ODD - I am in two groups for adhd on here

A group for ODD on Facebook

I do a blog about his daily behavior both good and bad

This isn't the place to discuss my brat, because he is not involved in a step situation. Even though dh is technically his step dad, Jayson seems him as dad - and we operate our home with Jayson as an intact family
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)