Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoyed....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

So today Bm texts my DH. Says that the boys need winter clothes. He says okay fine I need their sizes. She gives them to him and then brings up the fact out of f'in nowhere that she wants to take DH back to court to get the CS order reviewed. She says its because she is working less hours-but she did that by her own choice so she could go to school full time-therefore her income has changed so the CS should change as well. In the CO it stipulates that she is the one responsible for insurance on the kids-well since she cut her own hours (working 26 hrs a week with a 30k salary) to just 5 hours a week-she lost her health insurance.My DH now carries the health insurance on all three of kids. It also states in the CO that if my DH does insure the kids, she should be getting 150 dollars less in CS than what she gets now. My DH didn't take her back to court to get his CS reviewed five months ago when he got the kids insured, when in reality he should be paying her LESS than what he is now.I don't understand why she wants to do this now?

He pays a little over 800 a month in CS to BM. Which is reasonable for three kids, I get it. He only makes 30k before takes a year. But I don't think its fair to DH that she tries to take him back to court for more money when she voluntarily cut her own hours @ work to go to school. Anytime any of the Skids needs anything, clothes, books, shoes, money for extra curricular stuff, whatever it is we pay for all of it no questions asked.Not split it 50/50, the whole thing, and I love my Skids so that part doesn't upset me in the least.

I know DH has to support his kids, and he does. I;m not saying for him to stop paying CS, he actually overpays her according to the CO that is in place right now. I just don't think its right that BM works 5 hours a week and DH does everything he supposed to do, pays his CS, takes care of his kids and she is trying to get more money. They already take 50% of his income, plus more if you count the health insurance, doctors bills, etc...I mean how much more does she want?

I know I know I need to stay out of it, I am going to. Rant over.

Now back to liking BM again. :)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnr187
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

um you're better than i am, ending with "back to liking bm again :)" i'd be pretty pissed. as you said, she chose to cut her hours. going to back to school is wonderful, but she shouldn't have done it if she can't afford it, ESPECIALLY since he already overpays and didn't modify when he started providing health insurance. if she takes him back, he can show all of that. she won't like the result... have dh remind her of that. maybe she'll back off.

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Just bring up the fact that DH is now paying insurance (which I'm sure is more than $150 per month), and that his CS should now reflect that. She is the one who is going to be ticked when she ends up with less money.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Wouldn't a review go in his favor though since he is now covering them on insurance? Maybe a review is a good idea. To have it LOWERED...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Oh honey I was pissed. Still kind of annoyed about it. But again your right its only going to bite her in the ass if she decides to go back to court. In Ohio, which is the state I live in, if a parent who is receiving CS VOLUNTARILY cuts their hours at work then the court will base her income off what she should be earning not by what she is choosing to earn.

DH did remind her of this, but she just started again with her & him tit for tat stuff. We live with my FIL, but we pay all the bills here. She threw that in his face and says that he can afford to pay more CS since his father will just take care of him? I mean really?She really has no idea how our household finances work. I make sure ALL of our  bills are paid on time. I'm not going to ask my FIL for money. I refuse to do that. When it was really bad, I went to a consignment store and sold off the majority of my wardrobe so I could pay our electric bill on time. I mean its better now because my income has gone up, DH's hasn't though. Before we got married, he really struggled sometimes, but my DH would do anything (he has donated plasma for cash before to get them shoes) he has to do to provide for his kids.

But again she is the mother of his children. I get that. I am grateful to her for that. Has f***** up priorties sometimes, but she loves her kids. She has never (that I know of) said bad things about me to my Skids. 

Quoting lnr187:

um you're better than i am, ending with "back to liking bm again :)" i'd be pretty pissed. as you said, she chose to cut her hours. going to back to school is wonderful, but she shouldn't have done it if she can't afford it, ESPECIALLY since he already overpays and didn't modify when he started providing health insurance. if she takes him back, he can show all of that. she won't like the result... have dh remind her of that. maybe she'll back off.

destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Oh yeah I told my DH to just let her do it. She will get less money. He thinks it would turn into WWIII and she'll try to keep him from his kids.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Wouldn't a review go in his favor though since he is now covering them on insurance? Maybe a review is a good idea. To have it LOWERED...

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM
If be pissed also. Sometimes people want more and more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustaSM231
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Uh I worked full time and went back to school full time and helped DH raise 2 little girls. I did it for 2 years. She needs to suck it up and find a job that allows her to work around her school schedule. She made the choice so she needs to work it out! It would piss me off too!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I know! I go to school full time as well, I work forty hours a week and I help my DH with any related Skids expenses. Like this school year, BM wanted us to buy three outfits, backpacks and she would buy 3 outfits and school supplies. We ended up buying all the Skids school clothes, (more than six outfits) all of their backpacks, shoes and she bought the Skids school supplies. I know she is stuggling, I can totally relate but I do what I have to do not only to pay our bills but help support my Skids as well.

Quoting JustaSM231:

Uh I worked full time and went back to school full time and helped DH raise 2 little girls. I did it for 2 years. She needs to suck it up and find a job that allows her to work around her school schedule. She made the choice so she needs to work it out! It would piss me off too!!

LittleMama2012
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I work, I go to school full time, help with SD, and we are raising two boys with another baby on the way. She can do it if she wanted to. Let her take him back to court. She is not going to be happy. Karma, ya know?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Yeah but I also afraid if it doesn't go to his favor he is going to end up getting screwed over.

And now that I making more money, I was really looking forward to start planning on having a baby of our own ( I don't have any biokids of my own) but now with this stuff looks like I am going to have to put that on the backburner...:(

Quoting LittleMama2012:

I work, I go to school full time, help with SD, and we are raising two boys with another baby on the way. She can do it if she wanted to. Let her take him back to court. She is not going to be happy. Karma, ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)