Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you talk to your kids?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

Question how much do you talk to your kids when they are at OP house.  Everyday if you are NCP and only have them EOWE.  If you are CP do you call kids when they are at OP EOWE?  If you have them 50/50 do you still talk to them when they are not with you.  SO and I were talking about this and were wondering about this and what other parents do. 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat31
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
My son is at his dad's two nights a month. I have never talked to him while he's over there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM

We don't worry about talking to SS10 when he is with BM for the weekend, but it would be nice to speak with him more than once during her 5 weeks in the summer.

BM rarely answers the phone for SS, so we know if he is with her she won't answer the phone for us. When SS does ask to call us, BM makes excuses why he can't right then. She has also called a couple times to let us know that SS was going to call, but isn't available right then...then there is never a call.

We're going to do things different this next summer, so hopefully SS won't be gone the full 5 weeks at one time.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM
My Dh has skids week on and off and he texts his sons quite often. About football and tv and stuff. BM
Does this also on Dh's time. They are 13&17. So it's not a big deal. Years ago it was bc yss was a tattle tale. Lol. Dh wanted to ban cell phones!

Dds go my ex once a month(so even) but I text them probably 5 times that weekend. That's all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I think it's super bothersome sometimes bc it doesn't give the kids "quality time or a BM bd free zone sometimes. I think it helps the kids rely on that BP for that day/week. Sometimes of course and given different stitches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Identical to my situation. Exactly word for word. I would like to talk to her during those 6 weeks but good luck right? Lol

What is your summer plan? I so wish it wasn't 6 weeks. I never get 6 weeks without a weekend in between all year long. He gets twice a week and every other weekend.. Then during the summer, 6 weeks. I don't think it's fair but what do you do? It's standard.

Quoting SassyMom25:

We don't worry about talking to SS10 when he is with BM for the weekend, but it would be nice to speak with him more than once during her 5 weeks in the summer.

BM rarely answers the phone for SS, so we know if he is with her she won't answer the phone for us. When SS does ask to call us, BM makes excuses why he can't right then. She has also called a couple times to let us know that SS was going to call, but isn't available right then...then there is never a call.

We're going to do things different this next summer, so hopefully SS won't be gone the full 5 weeks at one time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weaveress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM

not usually, unless sd calls us. and the same for bm when she is her. except for when BM wants me to punish her over the phone, but i don't think that counts. 

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Quoting momof2ex1:

Identical to my situation. Exactly word for word. I would like to talk to her during those 6 weeks but good luck right? Lol

What is your summer plan? I so wish it wasn't 6 weeks. I never get 6 weeks without a weekend in between all year long. He gets twice a week and every other weekend.. Then during the summer, 6 weeks. I don't think it's fair but what do you do? It's standard.

Technically, BM is to get 5 weeks split up into a 2 week and 3 week period. We've done the full time in the past because BM lives 7 hours away or SS was in sports for one month of the summer. I think we may enforce the split weeks this year for our and SSs benefit.

Have you suggested you do two weeks on/off during the summer? Maybe even a once a week trade off for each of you during the time DD is at the other home. That way, neither of you would have to go more than a week without seeing her.

lnr187
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM

very very rarely. he is only 5 though. as he gets older this will definitely change! on our end at least.

lnr187
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM

does that mean he ends up with more time than you? can you switch it so it isn't 6 consecutive weeks? that's a really long time! and esp for summer when you probably want to do fun stuff or take a vaction.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Quoting SassyMom25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)