Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Reasons for cutting up panties? ** UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 48 Replies
I am just looking for some brainstorming here. This is just the latest in a series of weird, shake-our-heads- behaviors.

Here's the background info:

SD15 is diagnosed depression and PTSD. She as a history of poor decisions, impulsivity, and odd behaviors. She is eager to please and will sacrifice her own comfort to make someone else happy - frequently in unhealthy ways.

SD was recently an inpatient due to a suicide threat. Her behavior since discharge has been a roller coaster of anger, fake happy, withdrawal, and rage. All of this was expected.

SD is 'dating' a boy she is not allowed to date. She only sees him at school, but they have had, at a minimum, multiple maje-out sessions there.

'The boy' has made it clear that he has been sexually active and is hot for her.

They are 'in love' - they've been together a month and in love for, you got it, a month!

She does not currently have a gym class, but will in a few weeks.

She does not attend sleepover, shopping trips with girlfriends, etc where thongs might be shown, bought etc. She is grounded.

She has recentlt, that we know of, begun frequently lying to cover breaking the rules. Example...staying after school for math, but leaving the class after fifteen minutes ans going to make out with the boy.

Now, she is cutting up her panties into a thong shape. There is no underwear of any kind in her hamper, so I have no idea if she us wearing them. So, my question is...

What would your explanation be for her cutting up her panties? Feel free to be creative it speculate in any way

UPDATE:
I was tossing clothes in her hamper and noticed there are NO undergarments of any kind in there. No panties, no thongs. What ius she wearing??? Considering she has worn short skirts twice this week, going commando is horrifying - even more so because she has a seizure condition and has had a grand mal seizure at school. )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

To turn them into thongs which she thinks is "sexy"?

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Yeah...that's my thought/fear too. I ought to post a picture of how 'sexy' these things are! They look awful!

Her therapist thinks there could be many reasons she is doing this - I'm just having trouble coming up with anything else!

Quoting sandeeyo:

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

As a SM to 5 girls and 1 DD , Thongs or Boy shorts are all they will wear.   They leave panty lines, they dont want to be teased for "grannie panties" in gym, always get "pants".  I have hear all the reasons.  As long as they keep their pants on I dont care if they wear thongs.

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM

It doesn't sound as though there's much to speculate about.  Cutting them into thongs is a pretty obvious indication she wants them to look like thongs.

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Her therapist knows? How embarressing.  I would take the girl shopping.

Quoting HopesNDreams:

Yeah...that's my thought/fear too. I ought to post a picture of how 'sexy' these things are! They look awful!

Her therapist thinks there could be many reasons she is doing this - I'm just having trouble coming up with anything else!

Quoting sandeeyo:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Um...I know this is slighty off the topic of your question, but what is the supervision at this shool like?  I mean, how is she able to have heavy makeout sessions with this boy AT SCHOOL?

I wasn't even interested in boys, but God help me if I even stood too close to one ANYWHERE on school grounds there was a teacher hollering at us about not doing that on school grounds!

She is cutting them up because she thinks thongs are sexy and wants to wear thongs.

Or,  I suppose she could be lashing out at her sexuality.  Maybe she isn't ready for sex, but she is going to do it anyways because he wants it?  You've already established she goes out of her way even when she doesn't want to.

Or maybe she wants sex, and is frustrated by the fact she can't get alone long enough to do it?

I'm not sure what the solution here is, but I think maybe you should talk to the school about supervising her better.  She has issues and has made a suicide threat in the past, she shouldn't be able to just roam around, kwim?  What if she tells you she is staying late, then goes and harms herself?  Nobody would think to look for her for hours!

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Seems fairly straightforward she wants to wear thongs. Which yes could be bc they are more revealing but it could be bc of panty lines, could one of the other girls teased her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Shopping is complicated. She has a history of abuse with BM and SF. The last time I took her she didn't pick out anything - anytime she talked to me, she would hold up her arms and look scared. She used to get hit BY THE OTHER SET OF PARENTS, but her PTSD leads her to respond to all stress like she will get hit. I will no longer take her since I am tired of the looks from random strangers. Her alternative is to have DH take her - not the best situation for either of them.

She cannot shop with friends because in the last few weeks, every time she goes anywhere, it is to meet the boy and make out. We are tired of being lied to.

Quoting tiredmama42:

Her therapist knows? How embarressing.  I would take the girl shopping.

Quoting HopesNDreams:

Quoting sandeeyo:

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I know! And I agree completely!! I did call the school and they are aware. The locker areas are set up to be a large square with a smaller square in the center - it creates a lot of blind spots. She has also considered the bathroom, though I don't know if she had tried that. She had a friend who told her all the hidden spots that she and her boyfriend have found.

She is no longer allowed to stay after school, partially for the reason you listed, partially because we can't trust her.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Um...I know this is slighty off the topic of your question, but what is the supervision at this shool like?  I mean, how is she able to have heavy makeout sessions with this boy AT SCHOOL?

I wasn't even interested in boys, but God help me if I even stood too close to one ANYWHERE on school grounds there was a teacher hollering at us about not doing that on school grounds!

She is cutting them up because she thinks thongs are sexy and wants to wear thongs.

Or,  I suppose she could be lashing out at her sexuality.  Maybe she isn't ready for sex, but she is going to do it anyways because he wants it?  You've already established she goes out of her way even when she doesn't want to.

Or maybe she wants sex, and is frustrated by the fact she can't get alone long enough to do it?

I'm not sure what the solution here is, but I think maybe you should talk to the school about supervising her better.  She has issues and has made a suicide threat in the past, she shouldn't be able to just roam around, kwim?  What if she tells you she is staying late, then goes and harms herself?  Nobody would think to look for her for hours!

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Id buy her some and bring them home.  One less issue.     I agree with the other poster.. kinda sounds like this child has some major issues and the school should be keeping a closer eye on her.  After school might be tougher for them to monitor her.. I would insist the teaher not let her leave until a parent is there to pick her up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN