Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 1458 Replies
17 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Stepmom Central group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other stepmoms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifesaver990
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
16 moms liked this

Hello fellow step-moms!  I'm Kayla..

I'm a 25 year old active duty military member, and what I like to call a "semi-step-mom."  My boyfriend and I are not married (don't know if we ever will be) but are moving into together.  He has a six year old daughter from a previous marriage.  This situation is unlike one I have ever been in before, and is an overwhelming learning experience.  I'm looking forward to finding out I'm not the only one that might be stuck with these certain feelings/emotions or what have you.  

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome Kayla!, it's nice to meet you.  I think we have a lot of "semi-stepmoms" here in the group. :)

Quoting lifesaver990:

I'm a 25 year old active duty military member, and what I like to call a "semi-step-mom."  My boyfriend and I are not married (don't know if we ever will be) but are moving into together.  He has a six year old daughter from a previous marriage.  This situation is unlike one I have ever been in before, and is an overwhelming learning experience.  I'm looking forward to finding out I'm not the only one that might be stuck with these certain feelings/emotions or what have you.  

The_Master
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM
12 moms liked this

Hello Step-moms! I'm Dorey. 32 years old. I have a 5 yr old bio-daughter and i have had my yr old step-daughter in my life for a little over a year now. Boy is it stressful! mostly because of baby-mama! ugh!

Family654321
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM
7 moms liked this

Hi, my name is emily and i am a mother of two little girls 5-6 and a step son who will be 10 this month... me and my husband who was my high school sweet heart just got married 6 months ago (we have been together for almost 6 years) and we just found out we are having a baby of our own finally :) the only problem is my poor step son's pshycotic mother!

MmeAustin
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM
7 moms liked this

Hello my name is Christan and I have a (step)son who is almost six. His biological mother comes and goes and she pleases and only causes problems for our family. It's hard to see him so confused, it's even harder when he comes home from visiting her because he is distant and any progress we've made towards a healthy relationship is completely wiped away. Needless to say it is very frustrating, as I'm sure you all know. :)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Dorey!  Welcome to the group.

Quoting The_Master:

Hello Step-moms! I'm Dorey. 32 years old. I have a 5 yr old bio-daughter and i have had my yr old step-daughter in my life for a little over a year now. Boy is it stressful! mostly because of baby-mama! ugh!

Cafe AmyS

Welcome Emily!  Congrats on your new marriage and your pregnancy!  Are the older kids excited about the upcoming addition to the family?

Quoting Family654321:

Hi, my name is emily and i am a mother of two little girls 5-6 and a step son who will be 10 this month... me and my husband who was my high school sweet heart just got married 6 months ago (we have been together for almost 6 years) and we just found out we are having a baby of our own finally :) the only problem is my poor step son's pshycotic mother!

Cafe AmyS
2 moms liked this

Welcome Christian!  Big hugs for your stepson, I bet it's really confusing for him.

Quoting MmeAustin:

Hello my name is Christan and I have a (step)son who is almost six. His biological mother comes and goes and she pleases and only causes problems for our family. It's hard to see him so confused, it's even harder when he comes home from visiting her because he is distant and any progress we've made towards a healthy relationship is completely wiped away. Needless to say it is very frustrating, as I'm sure you all know. :)

rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Welcome Kayla! I wish you well on your new journey!

Quoting lifesaver990:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome Dorey!

Quoting The_Master:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN