Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Stepmom Central group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other stepmoms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Replies (1451-1458):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Hi there, welcome!  

What do I think?  I think your SO is not completely commited to this relationship and won't be until he's willing to come clean to his ex and his children about his relationship with you.

Quoting xanimatus:

Hello! I have come to this group to find out if there are people like me in my current situation or have been in the past. 

The past of my current SO is we were high school sweet hearts but parted ways after high school. He (BD) then was with his ex (BM) from that time til last year when we got back together. They have two little boys, 5&6 and were never married. 

My SO and I have been together since 2/12 and living together since 6/12.  We have been officially a couple since 4/25/12. We have been living together, sharing bills and every day "nearly-wed" actions for over a year now. However, I have yet still to met the children. BM doesn't know anything about anything including me, so he says. SO states that BM never ask questions about anything to do with him ever. The boys live with BM in her parents home across town from us. They're over a half hour away. BD only sees the kids when he sits them while she works until about 7/8pm some nights.  My SO states that he is not ready to deal with whatver BM is going to do when she finds out her children will be around another woman. He also told me over a month ago that he was not ready for his children to HATE Daddy because he isn't with mommy. However, he did state that the boys do know and understand that Mommy and Daddy are not together anymore and never ask questions about anything either. 

Any thoughts, advice or anything is much appreciated. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Welcome!

I don't have any advice for you, but I know the other ladies here will have some.  You may want to start a new post on the group asking for advice about this situation.

Quoting Mrs.D.Smith:

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm 23 years old mother of five! Four are from myself and a previous marriage and one is from my husband and his ex wife. I am here to get help with being a better mom/step mom. I try very hard to be accepting since I have children with someone else. It's hard because my children's' father doesn't come to see his children every scheduled visitation (1st, 3rd and every other 5th weekends). So when we have our son over for our (2nd and 4th weekends) I find that he is a lot more lenient with his son over my children. He will yell at my kids for doing something, but will let his son get away with it. I make sure the kids know that they are all equal and I don't use his or my kids they are all ours. I just don't know what to do in this situation. I have talked to him but it doesn't seem to get through to him. I also find myself getting upset when he gives his son attention (I hate that I feel this way) when he doesn't give my kids attention. And my kids don't get it from their bio father either. Anyone else going through this? It doesn't help that his ex wife tells their son that I don't like him etc so he is very disrespectful to me (even spit in my face and kicked me) and he just barely turned 7 years old. (Same age as my oldest son. Help me please! Any advice for this stressed out mama?

Newstepmom26
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi I'm Tammy. I am 26 years old. I have a 12 year old step daughter and honestly we have lived other for 3 months. I'm not sure my rights or if I should keep tattling to her dad. I don't want her to hate me but I hate it when he punishes her. Not because I'm against punishment, sometimes I think a child needs a warning that they are doing something wrong.
RileysMommy2315
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello! I'm Elizabeth, but call me Ella! I'm 23, and currently a "Stay at home Step-mom".
I married my loving husband Daniel, last year. We've been together for almost two. We have no living children together, yet. Just one angel baby, Riley.

His two year old daughter, Mackenzie, has been with us since she was around 8 months old due to her mother wanting nothing to do with her or Daniel.
I've raised her like my own.

Am looking forward to getting to know some more step-moms and making some new friends. :)

AnnaMess
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi! My name is Anna. When I married dh he had 1 son and I had 2 daughters. Things have not been easy for either one of us, but we must be doing something right because we added 2 more children and are planning on a 3rd. I love Quinn to death, but sometimes he makes me wonder why I agreed to take on another child.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Welcome Tammy!  

Talk to her dad and ask what you'd like him to do with regard to her tattling, etc. 

Quoting Newstepmom26:

Hi I'm Tammy. I am 26 years old. I have a 12 year old step daughter and honestly we have lived other for 3 months. I'm not sure my rights or if I should keep tattling to her dad. I don't want her to hate me but I hate it when he punishes her. Not because I'm against punishment, sometimes I think a child needs a warning that they are doing something wrong.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Welcome Ella!  Congrats on your wedding and I'm sorry for your loss.

Quoting RileysMommy2315:

Hello! I'm Elizabeth, but call me Ella! I'm 23, and currently a "Stay at home Step-mom".
I married my loving husband Daniel, last year. We've been together for almost two. We have no living children together, yet. Just one angel baby, Riley.

His two year old daughter, Mackenzie, has been with us since she was around 8 months old due to her mother wanting nothing to do with her or Daniel.
I've raised her like my own.

Am looking forward to getting to know some more step-moms and making some new friends. :)

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Welcome to the group Anna!  Congrats on adding to your family.  :)

Quoting AnnaMess:

Hi! My name is Anna. When I married dh he had 1 son and I had 2 daughters. Things have not been easy for either one of us, but we must be doing something right because we added 2 more children and are planning on a 3rd. I love Quinn to death, but sometimes he makes me wonder why I agreed to take on another child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)