Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

why is he asking me? Edit

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 25 Replies
SS asked his father and i for a baby brother now that he has his 1yr old sister from us. Um, how does someone even respond to that? I could expect him to ask BM, but asking me???

I do NOT think its an issue or weird.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
....ClvrScn.
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM
LoL right after dh and I got married, SD asked for a baby sister. I told her to ask her mom for one lol

Her mom was not happy with me. Called dh and was like why did your wife tell her to ask me for the one thing I can't give her.

My dh said because we aren't having one anytime soon

Bm was like "well you KNOW that I can't"

Dh said " my bad, I shouldn't have enough respect for you to not discuss your health with my wife. I will get right on that and tell her about you nearly dying during child birth. I didn't know that you wanted her to know the intimate details of your life"

Bm shut up
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand why him asking YOU is the issue. Obviously any child you have with his father would be his sibling, so how is that weird?

Just answer with the truth, you aren't ready for more children, you don't plan on having more children, you aren't sure, we don't get to pick if we get a boy or a girl, etc.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Giggle and change the subject. This really is an non issue. He more then likey forgot as soon as he asked it. No worries:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah as soon as we found out we were having a boy OSD started asking for a sister.

We still hear it now and then.  Usually I say "Good lord, how many kids do you think we need?"

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

SD still asks me for a little sister. My reply to her is- I am not having anymore kids, so I guess you"ll have to remain the little sister or ask your BM. She told me the next time we had her- I did ask BM and she said she wasn't having anymore kids. I said then I guess you're out of luck, she said yep I'll just have annoying little brothers!! Lol!

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM

"No"

angelmommy2806
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM
SS11 has asked me plenty of times to have a baby and he Knows I can't. It's not even a serious subject for us and I just laugh it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM

He probably asked you since you all have one.  It's typical of kids to ask for another sibling.  My boss' son wants a little brother.  His little sister just turned a year old.  They told him "No, not right now."

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I would say that's a typical kid thing.  My SS wants a younger brother, and he doesn't care which side it comes from. 

jeepninja
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM

LOL - what does she say?

Quoting Polkadotted:

Yeah as soon as we found out we were having a boy OSD started asking for a sister.

We still hear it now and then.  Usually I say "Good lord, how many kids do you think we need?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN