Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
SS asked his father and i for a baby brother now that he has his 1yr old sister from us. Um, how does someone even respond to that? I could expect him to ask BM, but asking me???

I do NOT think its an issue or weird.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually I don't think I've gotten a real number answer from her.

Quoting jeepninja:

LOL - what does she say?

Quoting Polkadotted:

Yeah as soon as we found out we were having a boy OSD started asking for a sister.

We still hear it now and then.  Usually I say "Good lord, how many kids do you think we need?"

kkkaaayyyy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I'd say, maybe next year lol

Gamer_Chick_19
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

I don't understand why him asking YOU is the issue. Obviously any child you have with his father would be his sibling, so how is that weird?

Just answer with the truth, you aren't ready for more children, you don't plan on having more children, you aren't sure, we don't get to pick if we get a boy or a girl, etc.

I dont find it too be an issue. Just not sure why he asked me and not his birth mother. Where did i say its weird??

AJnEsMama
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM

When I was pregnant with dd, my ss said I was going to have his sister and his mom was going to have his brother. Then later he told us he wanted a brother too. We do have both now and he is an only child for his bm and sf. Maybe ss just knows his bm doesn't want more kids (my ss said bm told him that he is enough for her and she doesn't want others) or he knows you had one so it might mean you might have more. 

Gamer_Chick_19
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Quoting AJnEsMama:

When I was pregnant with dd, my ss said I was going to have his sister and his mom was going to have his brother. Then later he told us he wanted a brother too. We do have both now and he is an only child for his bm and sf. Maybe ss just knows his bm doesn't want more kids (my ss said bm told him that he is enough for her and she doesn't want others) or he knows you had one so it might mean you might have more. 

We want another, hoping for a baby boy. I didnt exactly want a girl but still love her very much. I just told him umm not now, maybe its your mommies turn.

AJnEsMama
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Lol. Yeah it is not really anyone's business until you want to let people know you are pregnant. I didn't feel bm needs to know how many kids we want so we didn't tell anyone until I was expecting ds. Our parents and friends did know we wanted at least one more though. I think it was kind of rude our bm told ss he was enough for him later on though as if my dh loves him any less because he wanted more than one child. I was kind of upset that when I was pregnant with ds we told my parents and dh's father and stepmom first and his parents ran to tell bm. So she knew before any of our friends and other family members. It was our news to share not their's. Then I had an issue where I almost miscarried and I would have had to inform people who didn't need to know. I was kind of happy to have a girl first because she was the first grandaughter on both sides and it was still an exciting first for dh. I was a little nervous because I thought it might be harder since I'm not the best at hair and fashion but I love it. If we have a third (unlikely) I will not tell anyone until farther along or just not tell dh's family until close to delivery lol. Hope you get your boy too. 

Quoting Gamer_Chick_19:

Quoting AJnEsMama:

We want another, hoping for a baby boy. I didnt exactly want a girl but still love her very much. I just told him umm not now, maybe its your mommies turn.

Gamer_Chick_19
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Quoting AJnEsMama:

Lol. Yeah it is not really anyone's business until you want to let people know you are pregnant. I didn't feel bm needs to know how many kids we want so we didn't tell anyone until I was expecting ds. Our parents and friends did know we wanted at least one more though. I think it was kind of rude our bm told ss he was enough for him later on though as if my dh loves him any less because he wanted more than one child. I was kind of upset that when I was pregnant with ds we told my parents and dh's father and stepmom first and his parents ran to tell bm. So she knew before any of our friends and other family members. It was our news to share not their's. Then I had an issue where I almost miscarried and I would have had to inform people who didn't need to know. I was kind of happy to have a girl first because she was the first grandaughter on both sides and it was still an exciting first for dh. I was a little nervous because I thought it might be harder since I'm not the best at hair and fashion but I love it. If we have a third (unlikely) I will not tell anyone until farther along or just not tell dh's family until close to delivery lol. Hope you get your boy too. 

Quoting Gamer_Chick_19:

Quoting AJnEsMama:

We told his mom first that i was pregnant and then when i was about 5 months we told the rest of the family. then he told his sons mom i was pregnant just so she would be jealous.

And thanks, i think ill be kinda upset if the next one isnt.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM
How do you know he didnt ask her maybe she said not now or no so he asked you.
Gamer_Chick_19
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Quoting soonergirl980:

How do you know he didnt ask her maybe she said not now or no so he asked you.

Because he tells us that he wont. Because she goes through to many guys.

destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

My YSS told me right after I moved in with my DH that I needed to go the doctors so he could put a baby girl in my belly. It was actually cute.

I giggled, and explained to YSS that although I would love someday to give him a little sister, I wanted to enjoy all the time I get with my Skids while they are this age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN