Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

how do i like my stepchild

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 24 Replies

Thngs were fine for years.. and her attitude went south startng at 13..she doent live with us.. but her bringing up is awful, and she thinks its ok.. She constantly disprespects me, and my husband allows it.. She has so many bad habits, and im afraid  my 6 year old will pu on them.. She doesnt go to school.. and, all she does is sleep. and party... why does anyone think this is ok?   i despise her.. and as soon as i hear ses coming around.. i get sick to my stomache... any advice?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

I'd let your husband know of your concerns, but don't tell him you despise is daughter, that would NOT help matters.

Quoting slim120:

Thngs were fine for years.. and her attitude went south startng at 13..she doent live with us.. but her bringing up is awful, and she thinks its ok.. She constantly disprespects me, and my husband allows it.. She has so many bad habits, and im afraid  my 6 year old will pu on them.. She doesnt go to school.. and, all she does is sleep. and party... why does anyone think this is ok?   i despise her.. and as soon as i hear ses coming around.. i get sick to my stomache... any advice?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, kick your husband in the ass and ask him why the hell he allows that.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM
3 moms liked this
My DH would have a size 7 up his ass if he didn't squash behavior like that and allowed his girls to disrespect me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Ditto ma'am ditto.....

Quoting sandeeyo:

My DH would have a size 7 up his ass if he didn't squash behavior like that and allowed his girls to disrespect me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Your husband's 13yo daughter doesn't go to school?

What does your husband think about that?

destiny83
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Doesn't go to school? Parties? Holy cow. I'd say you don't have to like them, especially in their a**hole teen years, but try to decide that you love her and care. It may help you muster up the strength to hang in there. Teenage years pass and she will feel strongly one way or another toward you if you hung in there or ditched her. She might come out of these years as a delightful woman who appreciates you. Lord knows she needs some guidance. GL.

247beachbumz
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

girl..im in same boat..but my sd is 15 n its already affected her lil bro (my son) n her dad jst lets her get away w/her bs jst like he lets the xwife get away w/her bs...i've disengaged myself from her n concentrate on our 8yr old cuz i'll b damned if ima let her bs ruin him. praying for u....

slim120
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Thanks everyine.. she 16. And he doesnt agree but says. Ehh what can i do? Ive done everything fir her bought her ckothes her shoes. Tajen her for hair cuts and etc. Sometimes she warms up. Then she tells her mom she hstes me cuz i have everything. I workd hard for years to hsve what i have. Ive never offered her less than my own. She disrespected me in front if my daughter and nt husbsnd. And he ignored it. I was crazy and flipped in tbe store on her. Her mim dont care and i hsve but now my husband thinks im suppose to undrstsnd her? Wtf.. i tried. But if he dont put hus foot down. Then. Looks kike i have mire to think about
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
3 moms liked this

SD is not the problem your dh is.  Sounds like a crappy father and husband.

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
She is a teenager, some of what your are experiencing comes with the age. Your DH should be making sure she is respectful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)