Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
I was just thinking, on this board you read so many negative things about the other woman in the situation.... Myself included, Soooooo I decided to challenge myself and you too lol (I'm bored and can't sleep)

If you are a SM..... Say something nice about BM. Just one thing is fine

And

If you are BM...... Say something nice about SM. Again just one thing is fine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Whhhhhat?

You hope BM still loves or has affection for DH? Why?

Quoting cherylam:

the nicest thing I can say about BM is ... she loved, and I hope still does, DH.  True love doesn't go away, it may transform into affection, and I'm good with that.  Another good thing, she gave DH his darling daughter.  Although SD dispises me for anothers sins, she IS his daughter, and I love him, so therefore I care very deeply about her.  

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM
BM loves her kids.
cherylam
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Quoting GlockMom:

Whhhhhat?

Quoting cherylam:

the nicest thing I can say about BM is ... she loved, and I hope still does, DH.  True love doesn't go away, it may transform into affection, and I'm good with that.  Another good thing, she gave DH his darling daughter.  Although SD dispises me for anothers sins, she IS his daughter, and I love him, so therefore I care very deeply about her.  

because she is the mother of his child, and there's no way I can change that, and the less conflict there is between them the better DH's relationship with darling SD is.  And, I am a romantic.  They are divorced and have been for well over 20 years, but I believe if you love someone truly, that will never die...Transform, yes, become something else, yes, but BM has no power over DH or me, our home and ultimately over how SD is treated, because we have never allowed her to have that power.  But darling SD is 31, not 12, even though she acts like it sometimes. I've had some decent conversations with BM, because, I told her from the beginning  we are all adults and should act like it. Saying that, I can see why there is conflict between some BM and SM's... there are idiots on both sides.  No one wants to part with any power they have.  

In our family dynamic the problem isn't withBM, it's darling SD playing both ends against the middle.  I had quite the conversation with BM a couple days ago, and the real truth is coming to light.

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I am both.

Bm has a wonderful love of animals.  She is very diligent about ss's therapy

As a bm, there is no sm.  but I hope my ex finds a wonderful woman, if that is what he wants!

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

This is a very sane approach to the relationship :)

Quoting cherylam:

Quoting GlockMom:

Whhhhhat?

Quoting cherylam:

because she is the mother of his child, and there's no way I can change that, and the less conflict there is between them the better DH's relationship with darling SD is.  And, I am a romantic.  They are divorced and have been for well over 20 years, but I believe if you love someone truly, that will never die...Transform, yes, become something else, yes, but BM has no power over DH or me, our home and ultimately over how SD is treated, because we have never allowed her to have that power.  But darling SD is 31, not 12, even though she acts like it sometimes. I've had some decent conversations with BM, because, I told her from the beginning  we are all adults and should act like it. Saying that, I can see why there is conflict between some BM and SM's... there are idiots on both sides.  No one wants to part with any power they have.  

In our family dynamic the problem isn't withBM, it's darling SD playing both ends against the middle.  I had quite the conversation with BM a couple days ago, and the real truth is coming to light.

packermomof2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM

She is out of my kids lives and that isn't a bad thing.

Seychelles1409
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

BM's daughter thinks she is awesome.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM

ok I got one.

Lately my SD's mother has done two things that are really helpful to us. (1) she's been paying her share of SD's dance program, it's only about 30% but it's still a lot of money, and (2) she's been taking SD shopping and buying her clothes, which is a BIG help to me because SD is difficult to buy clothes for. She also bought her a few items for her room recently, which was nice of her.

So, thanks BM!

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

When she is calm and on her medication I truly love talking to her. She is very easy to talk to.

She is very thrifty..I love to share good deals with her and vice versa.

She works really hard to continue our trend of everyone getting along. 

She gave me a shirt of hers that I borrowed and fell in love with. :)

Nynnie
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
BM- she's not that fat, and she's really good at being manipulative good for her :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)