Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

An interesting question...

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM
  • 92 Replies

Try and think hypothetically for a moment. If you and BM or SM did not know each other or meet each other through DH...and of course didn't have the kids, and all the drama, bitterness and circumstances that usually make these two women despise each other... Do you think she is someone you could be friends with? Think about how you met your actual best friend or good friend that's in your life now. Just for a moment, replace her with BM or SM. Would there be a connection? Would you click? Is there anything in common? Or would you run for the hills?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:57 AM
4 moms liked this

BM is not a person I would ever chose to be friends with or associate with in any way regardless of how I came to meet her.

jeniemarie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this
no honestly i dont think so. her and i are very different and she is into drugs and drinking, partying that kinda stuff and im not. i probably would just stay far away from her because of her attitude and the vibe she gives off. its hard to explain but im a very personal person so when i choose friends i make sure that they are people i can bare my soul to and that have my back. BM is a friend user and very self aborbed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CodeBlue
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM
2 moms liked this
No. We have completely different values and outlooks on life. I have no time for people who feel like the world owes them.

Plus, to meet her outside of DF situation, it'd have to be in a bar, and I don't go to bars.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Nope, SM is not a person I would be friends with under any circumstance.

angelmommy2806
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this
No. Bm is not a very nice person and goes out of her way to try and make life harder on people. I also wouldn't be able to listen to her, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I don't know her well enough to know if I would be friends with her or not. People become friends when they are thrown together for periods of time, such as at work. Cubicles next to each other, you get to talking... even if you are from different walks of life, you find common ground, because you're sitting next to each other all day long. So maybe.. I do have lots of friends with whom I have nothing at all in common, simply as a result of sitting next to them at work.

Who can say.

MiddleAgeMess
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
No, no, no...she is someone I could casually talk to, never someone I could trust, therefore she would never be a friend.
mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this
No. Her lifestyle is so different from mine.
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM
No. If we worked together, we'd probably chit chat and share some laughs at work. But we're really too different - values, lifestyle, interests - to be friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammyJK
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I knew bm1 long before either of us met dh. Didnt like her then either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)