Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relocation

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 16 Replies
So as I posted in a post a couple months ago BM is wanting to move because she marrying a man who owns. House. It is a different school district. The kids do not want to go they are 10 and 14. Bm fired her lawyer two weeks ago so she could file the notice of relocation herself. DH got it yesterday she did not provide the affidavit that DH is supposed to use to reject the relocation or accept it. Which she legally needs to do. She also failed to sign the petition. Which I'm surprised that the courts let her file it without a signature. Sh has 30 days to reply and he did send the copy of the petition to his lawyer which I believe she was supposed to do anyway. If she did file the paper wrong to any of you have an idea as to what would happen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM

If its filed wrong, he may be able to ask for the request to be dismissed. I'm not too terribly sure though. I know the clerk of court here will go through your papers making sure everything is there and everything is signed before they allow you to file anything.

kia1987
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing that the clerk would have checked. She didn't though.

Quoting rebeccasmly:

If its filed wrong, he may be able to ask for the request to be dismissed. I'm not too terribly sure though. I know the clerk of court here will go through your papers making sure everything is there and everything is signed before they allow you to file anything.

GlockMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM

How far is the move? 

kia1987
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM
It is 10 miles away. Dh would be ok with it but oldest ss14 does not want to go he has a set group of friends, does very well academic wise, and already is established with the sports teams. Ss10 did not want to go until she bribed him telling him he could have a blackboard on one side of his room.
Not to mention the school district she's moving to has much higher crime rate.

Quoting GlockMom:

How far is the move? 

angelmommy2806
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I'm thinking this too. Except the people here don't care if you have it right or not, it's up to the judge to say it's wrong.

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GlockMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Quoting kia1987:

It is 10 miles away. Dh would be ok with it but oldest ss14 does not want to go he has a set group of friends, does very well academic wise, and already is established with the sports teams. Ss10 did not want to go until she bribed him telling him he could have a blackboard on one side of his room.

Quoting GlockMom:

How far is the move? 

Are you guys in the same school district? 

kia1987
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Yes we are. Actually 5 houses down from bm. Bms reason for moving was that her new husband couldn't sell his house so she could stay in this district.

Quoting GlockMom:

Quoting kia1987:

Quoting GlockMom:

How far is the move? 

GlockMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quoting kia1987:

Yes we are. Actually 5 houses down from bm. Bms reason for moving was that her new husband couldn't sell his house so she could stay in this district.

Quoting GlockMom:

Quoting kia1987:

Quoting GlockMom:

How far is the move? 

Sorry for beating around the bush and asking leading questions but I AM going somewhere with this.

Last question, what is the custody/visitation schedule like now?

grumpyboston
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM

well not sure where u live but some school districts will let you leave the kid in the school if you transport them and such . I know here in fl they do

kia1987
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Quoting GlockMom:

Quoting kia1987:

Quoting GlockMom:

Quoting kia1987:

Quoting GlockMom:

How far is the move? 

Sorry for beating around the bush and asking leading questions but I AM going somewhere with this.

Last question, what is the custody/visitation schedule like now?

Every other weekend.  Every Thursday overnight.  3 full additional weeks in the summer and alternating holidays.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured