Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there anything I can do

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 8 Replies
Dh and I told bm that sd needs therapy that she is mentally a 6 yr old stuck in an 8 yr olds body. Bm got drunk with her brother, and stepbro/boyfriend then had them call dh and threaten his life and tell him he'd a bad dad and that sd needs to come home instead of living with a father who wants to put her in therapy. I'm so mad its midnight. There is nothing we can do but keep these text abd pray sd comes home the next time she visits or is there something else we can do? I'm sorry I must add sd is not there. They have talked on fb about being drunk. They are saying they are talking to a lawyer. Dh has full legal custody. I guess I should of mentioned that I'm just sooo shook up someone is threatening to harm my husband take one of my kids and calling him a bad dad because he wants to do something about her autism and these possible voices sd is hearing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Did you just say 'stepbrother/boyfriend'? Are you fucking kidding me?

That's disgusting

Is she drunk with her child? Do you have proof she is drunk with her child? While I am a huge advocate for therapy, not everyone likes the idea is counseling and honestly it isn't something you can force a parent to consent to without real proof. I was for counseling while my Ex was not. I had to have my CO changed to reflect that we did not need the others permission to seek medical/dental/mental health treatment, so that I could get my dd in to a therapist without my ex husband's permission.

What kind of behavior does your Sd exhibit that would make you believe she needs to see a therapist?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmur
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:44 AM

yes, if you have a text and it shows the time and you have proof that they are all drunk and you sd is there with them, you can call the police and say you are worried about the wellbeing of your sd... as far as therapy, i guees theres nothing that you can do to MAKE her but if you get sd during the week or on saturdays, maybe you guys can put her in when shes with you on your time

kmur
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:05 AM

OH, you can always still call the police and make a report and keep it as documentation if you ever need it for future anything....ask the police what do u do, ?

Quoting mamaBerg85:

I'm sorry I guess I didn't explain that well sd is here with us safe and sound in her bed in her room. I'm more worried because they are saying they want to drive up here at midnight and kidnap the kid and kick dh ass. I'm worried that the next time we send sd down there will be the last time we see her.

Quoting kmur:

yes, if you have a text and it shows the time and you have proof that they are all drunk and you sd is there with them, you can call the police and say you are worried about the wellbeing of your sd... as far as therapy, i guees theres nothing that you can do to MAKE her but if you get sd during the week or on saturdays, maybe you guys can put her in when shes with you on your time

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok thanks for the fyi luckly they stopped texting him and calling I think so ill just sleep with my door open tonight and plug that into the back of my mind for if there is ever a next time.

Quoting kmur:

OH, you can always still call the police and make a report and keep it as documentation if you ever need it for future anything....ask the police what do u do, ?

Quoting mamaBerg85:

I'm sorry I guess I didn't explain that well sd is here with us safe and sound in her bed in her room. I'm more worried because they are saying they want to drive up here at midnight and kidnap the kid and kick dh ass. I'm worried that the next time we send sd down there will be the last time we see her.

Quoting kmur:

rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM
That would be disturbing. If he is truly concerned about the next visitation, maybe he should consult with an attorney and get their advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Its 3am I can't sleep they have made me so sick I can't function. I know bm will call dh tomorrow after she's sobered up and say sorry. I just don't want him to let this go. It caused them no pain to say what they did but made us sooo mad we have been up for hrs. They shouldnt be allowed to get away with hurting us mostly him like that. What can be done though? After it was all over sd came in here laid on my floor fell asleep because she had a bad dream and to be honest it feels good knowing she's near me and I wish all of this was a bad dream. I wish I could open my eyes tomorrow and this will all go away.
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Three damned thing about it is I pushed him to tell her the truth because I thought as a mom she hs the right to know. She needs this info now so she can come to terms with the fact that we are doing are best but because of sds disabilities our best might not ever be good enough. Now I'm sorry I did it. I love my sd and I wanted it so things would be easier on her not so wed be scaed to send her to her mom's.

Quoting rebeccasmly:

That would be disturbing. If he is truly concerned about the next visitation, maybe he should consult with an attorney and get their advice.

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I'm fully awake now. I've been pulling up emails, text, and Facebooks for screen shots for documents. Its Sunday so ill wait until tomorrow to call the attorney. If anyone has any other advice please give it now! Ive got to call the dr who dignosed sd originally and find a new dr to redignose sd. All of this and work full time and school full time. I just wish I had a clone. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured