Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

im a step parent

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello, Im new to this..........and for the record being a step mom to a teenage girl is no fun..

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmur
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Welcome :)    being a parent to any teen isnt fun all the time, most of the time its arguements, bad tones, talking back etc....and then you have the ones that are a bit worse.....good luck :

maddie35
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Thank you.

smbrueggeman
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Ah, I too am a step parent to a 15 soon to be 16 yo girl that acts like she is 10.   Her mother passed when she was 3 and her father raised her for the last 11 years alone.  Let's just say she pretty much was raised by an older brother because my husband works long hours...and 3 yo being raised by a 7 yo...doesn't really work out that well.   I am at a crossroad in my marriage with this. She doesn't bathe, comb her hair, brush her teeth unless she is told too.   She is lazy, doesn't take care of anything that she has.   She pretty much does whatever she wants regardless of the consequences.  I've tried grounding her, taking away her electronics...everything is a minor inconvenience to her.    I don't know what I am going to do....so I feel your pain.  

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Aww, (((hug))) & welcome!

Quoting maddie35:

Hello, Im new to this..........and for the record being a step mom to a teenage girl is no fun..

girlcitycountry
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, Welcome!!  Trust me being a step mom to a teenage boy isn't a picnic either, lol. Heck being a parent to any teenager isn't fun. 

plajen
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I hear you!

angelmommy2806
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM

welcome

babie113
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Welcome and I know how you feel. I'm a step mom to a 17 year old girl. And we have full custody.

Its no fun at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I'm the odd man out. I'm a CSM to a 13yo girl and I really enjoy it.  It's similar to being a mom to my DD (now 21), only less stressful, because I don't have the sense of ultimate reponsibility that I had with my own kids, so I can just enjoy my stepkids (13 and 17).

I enjoy her activities, buying girly clothes, even listening to her dramas with her friends (although I do have my limit there). I enjoy watching her become a wonderful young woman, and knowing I'm part of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN