Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Birthday party?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 17 Replies

We were invited to ss's birthday party that bm is throwing. We're attending (wwwhooooole other story) and I was wondering if dh should get him presents as if it were our own party for him, lots of clothes and toys, or just a few things to keep at bm's?

bm is still very much in control of ss's time with dh (and she's loving it) so we can't have our own party for him. Court is in march.

OH and they aren't throwing this party together, bm was just nice enough to tell dh it was happening and he was welcome to come.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daddysgf
by and that's all on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Ok..
we just had SS' birthday.. BM was invited and it was a similar situation "party wise" to what youve described.
BM brought allllll the presents from her and her side of the family. Totally OK by us BUT it did make opening presents take a lot longer.
Also, in our situation, it was rough on SS because half his presents went to our house and half to her house.. kinda confusing to a kid when you get home and your favourite present isnt there.
How old is he? I'd honestly recommend presents that go to bms and not to over do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feliciasmith
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Quoting daddysgf:

Ok..
we just had SS' birthday.. BM was invited and it was a similar situation "party wise" to what youve described.
BM brought allllll the presents from her and her side of the family. Totally OK by us BUT it did make opening presents take a lot longer.
Also, in our situation, it was rough on SS because half his presents went to our house and half to her house.. kinda confusing to a kid when you get home and your favourite present isnt there.
How old is he? I'd honestly recommend presents that go to bms and not to over do it.

he'll be 3, I just don't bm to bitch about how much dh doesn't even love ss enough to buy him his own mansion for his third birthday! I'm already dreading it lol part of me wants to ditch dh and stay at home =] but I'd feel bad

RMCmata
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw buy him a simple gift because chances are it will go with bm. Then for your next visit spoil him! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RMCmata
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Bm is ALWAYS going to have something to say.
RMCmata
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM
feliciasmith
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Quoting RMCmata:

I know!! I'm trying rrrrreeeeaaalllly hard to play nice, but I can't keep up with her mood swings.

She hates me. She wants to coparent with dh and ME.

She makes up lies about me. She wants me to bring my dd (not dh's) to ss's birthday.....

I'm really confused by her.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I go with giving him a couple things at the party, and the rest later. 

You don't want to look like you are trying to out due mom or get more attention than you want at the party. Meaning..... try to stay low key. 

RMCmata
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Oohhh trust me I know the game. Bm is bipolar (serious not talking crap) so her mood swings are off the chart and I am always the target. One day she wants us to get a long, the next she is ranting that ss is non of my business.

Dh has fc of ss we tried once to have her at ss b-day party (ss is 10). She couldn't handle it so we won't be inviting her again. I say go. Dh needs your support. I don't have kids of my own but I would be nervous about taking my daughter but whats the worst that can happen. Bm more than likely be super nice (too many witnesses) and if anything the drama (if any) will be after the fact.

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting RMCmata:

I know!! I'm trying rrrrreeeeaaalllly hard to play nice, but I can't keep up with her mood swings.

She makes up lies about me. She wants me to bring my dd (not dh's) to ss's birthday.....

feliciasmith
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Quoting RMCmata:

Oohhh trust me I know the game. Bm is bipolar (serious not talking crap) so her mood swings are off the chart and I am always the target. One day she wants us to get a long, the next she is ranting that ss is non of my business.

Dh has fc of ss we tried once to have her at ss b-day party (ss is 10). She couldn't handle it so we won't be inviting her again. I say go. Dh needs your support. I don't have kids of my own but I would be nervous about taking my daughter but whats the worst that can happen. Bm more than likely be super nice (too many witnesses) and if anything the drama (if any) will be after the fact.

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting RMCmata:

Yeah! She is the exact same. She will be really nice I'm sure, but if she did do anything I would just leave.

RMCmata
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Kill'um well kindness!!! and enjoy the party.

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting RMCmata:

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting RMCmata:

Yeah! She is the exact same. She will be really nice I'm sure, but if she did do anything I would just leave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN