Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

So glad i found this site.

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

This site has made me see that not only one that has a difficult ss14. I still believe in my heart that ss should clean rm and have his things taken care of before he leaves for bm home. But been battling for 3 yrs and dh will not enforce anything. I feel that teaching him manners and responsability is a good thing but i guess not comeing from me. dh informs me ss14 hates me and has blocked me from his f\b that i created for him. That truly has hurt me.   So stepping back dh can figure it out and i will keep my distance and not say nothing but talk to your dad. I told my husband i was stepping out of it for my sanity he seems fine with it. But i wonder who is going to wash them dirty clothes and dishes that sitting in his rm for 2wks since dh didn`t make sure it was done before he left.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Hopefully everything works out and DH steps up since you're stepping back.

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh will.. Or ss will have a moldy smelly room. Lay a mouse trap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Quoting lisaann929:

But i wonder who is going to wash them dirty clothes and dishes that sitting in his rm for 2wks since dh didn`t make sure it was done before he left.

I guess you'll find out!

(I would probably go get the dishes myself, because they are my dishes. The clothes... I'd leave).

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
That shit would drive me crazy! I'm kinda funny about bugs and nasty messes. But, hey if your husband won't clean it up or better yet make his child clean up. Then I guess you won't feel like sexy time for a while.

I'm sure he will get in line....hahahahahahahha;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Welcome... step or not, I think the bedroom battle goes on in most families.  My daughter and I have been having it out lately. 

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

LOL .. that works!

Quoting saywhat2102:

That shit would drive me crazy! I'm kinda funny about bugs and nasty messes. But, hey if your husband won't clean it up or better yet make his child clean up. Then I guess you won't feel like sexy time for a while.

kimkrys1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM
3 moms liked this

I would just close his door.. BUT the dishes can cause bugs.. BUT if they do, then it comes out of DH pocket (if you have seperate finances).  Let SS see (of course he wont care) how it is not to have clean clothes and a nasty room.

You could tell DH, "Hey, SS didnt clean his room and there are dishes in there that we need.  Can you go get them and wash them up?"  If DH says, "You do it." You could say, "Oh no I'm stepping back remember because SS hates me and I really dont want to cause any more problems."

I love how step parents get 100% of the responsibility with 0% of the authority.

Privacyisgood
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Don't lift a finger to help the step kid.  You get no respect, you have no authority, so have no effort in his upkeep.   

Charli627
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol

Quoting saywhat2102:

Charli627
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM
And welcome to the group!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)