Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can not wait for Karma to bite her in the A**

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 39 Replies

Ok my fellow Stepmoms I need some advice and need to vent a little. The situation between my df and bm is just so unnecessarily hostile. She is one of those people who think what they do or think is it. There is no reasoning with the woman. She is very uneducated but thinks she knows everything. 

Little back story, we knew each other in HS same parties and that kinda of thing never friends. She slept my my bf. Whatever...8 years later we ended up living in the same apartments. Our kids would play outside together when we would see each other outside bla bla. I was in a abusive relationship with an alcoholic and she was with her sons father on and off. He was only with her because he didnt want to be away from his son. He couldnt stand her. They finally broke up and him and I stayed friends. Months later him and I started seeing each other and didnt tell anyone. Meanwhile he was still seeing his son, had him half of the week. They shared him fairly with out court and all that drama. Well when she found out he was seeing someone (didnt know it was me) she started being a bitch and using the child as a pawn against him. Well then she found out it was me. Took her son and hid at her fathers house wouldnt let him see him. They ended up in a long and ridiculous court battle. Now this is a woman who would get so drunk and pass out on her living room floor that I slept on her couch a few times to make sure the child was taken care of. He was only 2 at the time. 

After she moved to the next town over she still couldnt just stop being a crazy she took her son and moved in with her brother 85 miles away. She moved as far as she could with still staying in the state. My df drives this twice a week to see his son when he has his son. Its not like on the days he doesnt bring him home for his weekends he can just bring him home and have dinner at our house and do his homework. He has to stay up there and find stuff to do. Its the boonies and doesnt have much to do. My df does whatever he can for his son. He loves him dearly and would do anything for him. Its 380 miles a week he drives to see him. Df lost his job and is still looking for one, thank god Im working so he has money for gas and stuff so he can still see him. We have been sending what ever we can for his CS but its not the full 90 a week we is supposed to do. He tried getting it modified temp. while he still looks for a job but she oppsed it and now they have to go back to court. 

She just moved in with her new boyfriend in his house and changed G's school. They had yesterday off of school so my df tried to switch his weds to Tuesday so he could take G to his new school and hopefully walk around and stuff so he had some idea of what he was walking into. He has ADHD severely and isnt medicated nor does she do anything to help the kid. Well she told my df NO her boyfriend was going to take him. WTF. My df was heartbroken, so upset. Her bf isnt G's father or even step father. She did that to spite my df. 

G's always tells my df how much he misses him and wishes he could live with us. This situation breaks my heart and we just dont know what to do. We have been together for 5 years now its time to get over it. 

DF does all the driving back and forth and does whatever he can for his son. She is trying to push my df out of his life and create some happy little family with her new boyfriend. I just dont know what to do to help my df. Its so hard not being able to say something because I really want to rip the bitches face off.  I know this is long but can anyone give me any advise? 

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Stay out of their drama.  She's his problem, not yours.

melissa632
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Good luck. And until your fiance picks his balls up off the floor & stands up to this chick, this is your life. She's manipulating the situation because she can. I mean that in the nicest way possible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessesbride
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Document everything & take her back to court... Have witnesses if possiblepossible

mama2sqgl
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Quoting melissa632:

Good luck. And until your fiance picks his balls up off the floor & stands up to this chick, this is your life. She's manipulating the situation because she can. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Thanks..I know it. I keep telling his to grow a pair and stick up for himself and his son. He has no problem sticking up to me.

jessesbride
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM

She should have to drive G to your DF 1/2 the time AND get it where he has G overnight (like weekends etc) or go for full custody...

mama2sqgl
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quoting jessesbride:

She should have to drive G to your DF 1/2 the time AND get it where he has G overnight (like weekends etc) or go for full custody...

He has him every other weekend. She is supposed to pick him up but my df brings him or she has her mom pick him up. Those Sundays are the only time she has to drive down its absolutely ridiculous. 

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Quoting mama2sqgl:

Quoting jessesbride:

He has him every other weekend. She is supposed to pick him up but my df brings him or she has her mom pick him up. Those Sundays are the only time she has to drive down its absolutely ridiculous. 

Why is it ridiculous? It's normal for the NCP to do the driving for visitation.  What's ridiculous would be him driving the child home if he doesn't have to.  

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

This is always the best advice given and always the most ignored.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Stay out of their drama.  She's his problem, not yours.

melissa632
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Mine is the same way. It caused so much turmoil in our marriage that I don't know if we will make it still. My skid is grown & gone (we were custodial) but the damage that has been done may not be repairable. My skid moved out 3 years ago. Got married, had her own baby, doesn't come to our house & her BM still tries to cause drama for me.
Let him read this forum. There's a lot about dad guilt & the adverse affects it has had on their relationships.

Quoting mama2sqgl:

Quoting melissa632:

Thanks..I know it. I keep telling his to grow a pair and stick up for himself and his son. He has no problem sticking up to me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pepper504
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Quoting mama2sqgl:

Quoting jessesbride:

Well, your DF needs to make her pick up the child when she is COed to.  If her mom has to come, then so be it.  Just my opinion. 

As long as he remains a constant in his DS's life, she can try to replace your DF with new BF, but it will not happen. 

Good luck on the modification. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured