Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you get nervous around BM or SM

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 72 Replies

if and when you have to see them or talk to them on the phone? Do they intimidate you? If so, why? How do they act towards you?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Almost everyday. Well for sure I see the car everyday outside of my home(SS always comes in the mornings to do weird stuff he could have done at BMs house but got used to it I assume).

Anyhow,I don't like going out there if I can availed it. It's awkward but not horrible. A smile and a wave. That's it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to go out of my way to make sure the hair, makeup, clothes and nails were perfect when I saw her because she always looks like shit.  Don't do that anymore either.

The only time I'm ever nervous is in public if she has to come near DH for any reason.   Normally she loves to create a dramatic scene and I can't stand it.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM
She now waves hi since skids called her out on my nerdy wave not getting a wave back from BM. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I do like to look nice but I like to look nice if its even a friend bc I don't go out much. Lol.

Quoting WifeyC:

I used to go out of my way to make sure the hair, makeup, clothes and nails were perfect when I saw her because she always looks like shit.  Don't do that anymore either.

The only time I'm ever nervous is in public if she has to come near DH for any reason.   Normally she loves to create a dramatic scene and I can't stand it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimkrys1
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont get nervous when BM comes around.  We are very cordial.  If she calls my phone I'll let oldest SS answer it mostly.  For so long I was the go between for her and DH because DH wouldnt talk to her.  I finally put my foot down and told DH that he was the one that laid with her and made his kids not me and he would be the one to talk to her.  I dont carry messages anymore.

we have the kids full time I guess that's why I'm not intimidated.  May be different if she were in their lives more.

laughnchica
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't say that I am nervous of her but nervous about what shit she might or might not pull. I just want to get whatever we have to do with her done and over with so we can just go on with our day or wtv it is without worrying about it. I hope it will be different but I doubt it any time soon...

angirose
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It isnt bm that makes me nervous. Its the way the kids HAVE to act when shes around. They have to act like they dont like me. Like they dont want to be around me or their father. Or she will have a fit and make them feel bad. I think its the most inmature thing to do to your children. And if she was just a "anybody" i wouldnt even pay hr any mind, shes a hateful, always frowning, angry person. Not anyone I would ever consider talking to.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM

When I was married to BD, I used to get nervous when I had to speak with BM.  I wasn't intimidated by her, but there was always something she was pissed about and her moods were unpredictable. 

Now that I'm BM, I don't get nervous at all around SM and I know she doesn't get nervous around me either.  It's a much better dynamic. 

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

No, I don't get nervous.

I have only seen SM on two occasions (once from 30 feet away), for fewer than 10 seconds each. She has never spoken to me. She did wave and smile once though.

BM acts like I am not there. She doesn't look at me, or speak to me.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Nope!  Not at all intimidated by either BM1 or BM2.  I do worry about BM1 making a big, redneck scene with me.  I don't want to be a part of any of that and it would involve me because I am her bullseye.  I am still not intimidated by her. 

I am also not intimidated in any way by SM.  She is way too nice and pleasant to ever feel intimidated by.  Besides, I don't intimidate easy....ever! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)