Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Yes I really Did Communicate With BM!!!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 53 Replies

Oh boy something so simple can turn into a damn drama with bm. I mean, some may be saying i have no business in communicating with bm but i felt like i did. So, we are court ordered to carry ss's insurance. My whole family is on my insurance and that includes ss. Court said it was my or dh as along as ss is covered and the state did not have to pay for they didnt care.

Well, bm fought tooth and nail to not have ss on my insurance. She kept insisting that dh had to cover  ss. Well, the fact of the matter is we are married and i am the policyholder for my whole family. Court said it was fine. Her case worker told her if she didnt want to have ss on my insurance put it in writting and i can remove him but she never did. 5 years later and we have a problem with an insurance claim. They denied the coverage since she went outside the network. She is ordered to pay co pay. My insurance did pay $15441.00 and denied $1060. We let her know and her response was " i am not paying" Well, that is fine but who is going to  because she took her son outside my insurance network and she is responsible for the copay.

I texted her this morning this to see if we could all work on it to solve the issue because according to her she has secondary insurance for ss. Not to start trouble but to inform her about the letter i received and how we could all solve the issue. Her response was i will deal with "dad" and i advised her that was all fine but i have all the information she needed to know since i am the policyholder and that i encouraged her to speak to my husband if she was not comfortable talking to me about it.  I mean come on woman all i wanted was to solve this like civilized adults since i have all the information about my policy. She was the one who went outside the network.

Did i step on her toes or something? She reponded more like in a smart ass ways but i didnt respond back.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Just let dad handle it. She has issues with you already, no need to add to those.

aznblond9
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I do let Dad handle things. I don't cross my boundaries. But this is my policy that is why i texted her. Trust me, i stay out of things so there wont be drama

kimkrys1
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM

No you didnt step on her toes.. it is YOUR policy.  Like rebecca said though, just let dad deal with it.  You dont need this drama.

I have a question, does dh have insurance?  Maybe its time to put SS on his?  Just a suggestion :)

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM

no, I don't think you did. If she wants BD to handle it, then let him. He will most likely talk to her on the phone and be asking you questions while he's on the phone with her. Lol!

BM went out of network one time with my SD (SD is on DH's insurance). BM threw a fit about the claim being denied, she was out of pocket. BM has never went out of network again, then again DH and I mainly take SD to the doctor.

EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Jut let DH handle it. She's obviously not going to talk to you. Just give DH all of the info and let him give it to her.

aznblond9
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Quoting kimkrys1:

No you didnt step on her toes.. it is YOUR policy.  Like rebecca said though, just let dad deal with it.  You dont need this drama.

I have a question, does dh have insurance?  Maybe its time to put SS on his?  Just a suggestion :)

My husband's insurance costs so much and i get it through my work for cheap. we have 2 kids and all of us are under my. His insurance isnt as good and costs so much.

aznblond9
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

no, I don't think you did. If she wants BD to handle it, then let him. He will most likely talk to her on the phone and be asking you questions while he's on the phone with her. Lol!

BM went out of network one time with my SD (SD is on DH's insurance). BM threw a fit about the claim being denied, she was out of pocket. BM has never went out of network again, then again DH and I mainly take SD to the doctor.

I normally do let dh handle things but since it was my policy i thought i would inform her.

aznblond9
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Quoting EmBoogRaysMommy:

Jut let DH handle it. She's obviously not going to talk to you. Just give DH all of the info and let him give it to her.

That is exactly how it will have to be handled since i tried to be civilized

pepper504
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM

ExSM used to be the insurance carrier of DD15.  They are divorced and Ex is the carrier.  I've never had issues with handling things with exSM when they arose.  I also did not fight her to not carry my child either.  I do not care who does it as long as she is carried.  That even means myself if it came down to it. 

DH's ex is COed to carry SS14.  It's awesome and we do not have to hear anything from her about that.  BM does not know how to act civilized. 

kimkrys1
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

then you have every right to take matters in your own hands in my opinion... but is it worth the drama and argument?  I would let DH take care of it.

Quoting aznblond9:

Quoting kimkrys1:

My husband's insurance costs so much and i get it through my work for cheap. we have 2 kids and all of us are under my. His insurance isnt as good and costs so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)