Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

which 'relationship' is/should be priority?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 68 Replies
The one your husbands has with you?

Or the one your husband has/should have with his childrens mother?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
3 moms liked this
DH's relationship with me is of much greater priority than his coparenting relationship with BM, I am his wife.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I get along great with my ex. I do not have relationship with him. I do have a relationship with my dh. Who do I live with and spend my life with? My dh. Guess who comes first? Yep. My dh.

Anyone who puts their ex first shouldn't date, much less marry. No one is going to be ok playing second fiddle to an ex regardless of if there are kids or not.
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this

It depends. I dont' think a father should put any relationship over his relationship with his children. If the relationship with the new love interest threatens his relationship with his children, that relationship has to go.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM

My relationship with DH is more important than his relationship with BM.  

Rae706
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM
5 moms liked this
Is this a real question? In what world would anyone marry someone that valued their relationship with the ex more than their new relationship?
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

The one your husbands has with you!    Definately!   I do believe children are a different story.   But we are talking about ex wifes.   There is a reason they are not togethor so why would anyone put them ahead of current wife or S/O?  

Pero1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think either of them is, because they don't (or shouldn't) compare.

Problems only arise if and when there is an overlap between the two women's roles.

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM

This and he shouldn't jeopardize his marriage to keep things smooth with BM. All parties need to understand these relationships are not easy.

Quoting whatIknownow:

It depends. I dont' think a father should put any relationship over his relationship with his children. If the relationship with the new love interest threatens his relationship with his children, that relationship has to go.

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Kids first.  SM second.  BM not an issue.  I mean its good if they can get along, but you got a divorce for a reason. lol

Gamer_Chick_19
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM
His with me. They dont even have one, no friendship. Its txt each other about time we get SS friday and when he leaves sunday. They dont need a relationship in anyway, they just need to be civil. He believes the same.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)