Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

As a BM, why would you...

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 69 Replies

refuse to give your ex (BD) the # to who is watching your child?

Let me explain: BM is out of town for a couple of days so SF is watching SD until BM gets back. (For clarification: DH and BM did away with the ROFR so I keep SD when DH is out of town- but she has my number. The is the first time SF has ever watched SD.) BM is refusing to give DH SF's phone number just so DH can have it in case of emergency (DH's mom has been really ill). Her reasoning behind it- "I just don't want to give it to you." BM would be LIVID if I had SD and she didn't have my number. So, do you think BM's just being a witch because she can, or what?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM

not sure. sounds like a volatile situation and BM may be afraid of SO calling SF and making drama?

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM

to add, BM does not have MY number and i dont want her to. i am not overngiht alone w the skids though. SO also never has had any of her bf's numbers. only one lived w her though

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM

No, my DH has never even spoken to SF- EVER. He doesn't want drama, just a number in case there is an emergency, that's all. Odds are he would never even use his number, but you just never know what will happen with my MIL. 

Quoting faerie75:

not sure. sounds like a volatile situation and BM may be afraid of SO calling SF and making drama?

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

No, I wouldn't. Ex doesn't have DH's cell #, but we have a house phone with voicemail. I would be livid, honestly if I were your DH, its his child just as much as BM's, and especially if she would be mad it it were reversed. Sounds pretty witchy to me, especially the "just b/c I don't want to".

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

DH's never wanted his number before because SF had never had SD overnight by himself. BM has my number because of how involved I am. She's had it from the very beginning.  

Quoting faerie75:

to add, BM does not have MY number and i dont want her to. i am not overngiht alone w the skids though. SO also never has had any of her bf's numbers. only one lived w her though

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Well BM does have a house phone, DH called it once to talk to SD, BM got pissed that DH called it and turned the ringer off (it's just for internet access). DH just wants a way to get ahold of SD if there was something that were to come up. He is pretty pissed.  

Quoting elisesmom922:

No, I wouldn't. Ex doesn't have DH's cell #, but we have a house phone with voicemail. I would be livid, honestly if I were your DH, its his child just as much as BM's, and especially if she would be mad it it were reversed. Sounds pretty witchy to me, especially the "just b/c I don't want to".

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Bm doesn't have my cell number nor do I have exh gfs number. If there is an emergency dh can call bm. A few extra steps sure but under no circumstances would I give bm or her family my cell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

She’s just doing it because she can.

BM tried to do this to us. She wanted all of my information and wanted to interview me, but wouldn’t allow DH to meet her new husband. We all ended up meeting in a local park, exchanging information, and meeting one another.

DH should remind her that she has your number for emergencies, and he should have SF’s for emergencies.

liltigersmom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM
If there is an emergency, sf will calll bm, and bm will call bd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Well, BM has a huge history of not answering her phone when my DH calls (even though he mostly calls for SD on it). So at this point if she doesn't answer (which is most likely) then DH would have to go to BM and SF's house at whatever time it is to talk to SD. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense when all she has to do is hand over a number. Hell get a prepaid phone just for that short time, whatever... DH should be able to get ahold of his daughter in a timely manner. Hopefully he won't need the number, but it's about the principle of the matter.

Quoting MommySabs:

Bm doesn't have my cell number nor do I have exh gfs number. If there is an emergency dh can call bm. A few extra steps sure but under no circumstances would I give bm or her family my cell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN