Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

We might have to

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 33 Replies
Dh got laid off and his brother offered for him to go do a truck driving job for the better part of 10 months. Itd suck but there be no other choice. Bm admitted to dh the other day that in a court case she knows shed necwr get sd. However she asked if could trying living with her for a few months. If a smaller school district would be better for her autism. Dh told her no and I've had drs tellus itd be a bad Idea and even be willing to write ketters which bm wants to see. The problem I'm concerned about is even though dh has full legal custody and they share physical she's going to give me a hard time about it if she finds out dh is gone forthat long.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammyJK
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Well technically her giving you a hard time is just that. She would need to take legal action and go through the court. Dont even stress about it until it gets to that point.
SammyJK
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM
My dh has fc of sd and sometimes is out of town working for 4-5 days at a time. Its just business as usual as far is sd/bm are concerned.
Also my sf has custody of his 2 kids and got custody while he was working a job (beeb there 10+ years now) that required him to be gone at least 5 days/week. It happens and can work.
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Ten straight months? I have a feeling that would be a problem. However, you could tell the court your plans and ask them to keep the custody as is and has you be a care giver for LO for that time.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Yup, she will probably get temporary custody during Dad's absence.

SammyJK
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Is it that he will be at this job for 10 months or he will be gone that long? If he will be gone for a block of ten months, that changes my opinion, but i dont think thats what you were saying.
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM
No he will come home once a month or so.

Quoting SammyJK:

Is it that he will be at this job for 10 months or he will be gone that long? If he will be gone for a block of ten months, that changes my opinion, but i dont think thats what you were saying.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

If he is going to be gone that much then the kid should be with the mom.

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Her mom has drug felonies, her moms family says sd is retarded and that they want to discipline the autism out of her. Mom moves away for months at a time and goes months without seeing her. Her mom never wanted her to livev there until she found out sd gets ssi. I'm not perfect but I faught tooth and nail to get that kid services even before dh and I were married. Many yrs before even applying for ssi. Bm would take sd to a dingy lil town without a special needs school, no therapy or social skills groups or anything I've already looked for similar programs in bms area for sd to do during the summer only therapist for emotional issues exist in that area. Sd is in 3 different types of therapies through out the month. This is why she lives with us. Mom wouldn't even schedule a surgery for ear tubes during the 6m she had custody and the dr said if sd had gone any longer with out tubes sd would be deaf.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Charli627
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Quoting SammyJK:

Well technically her giving you a hard time is just that. She would need to take legal action and go through the court. Dont even stress about it until it gets to that point.
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Well then I guess your DH better find a job that won't make him MIA for 10 months.

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Her mom has drug felonies, her moms family says sd is retarded and that they want to discipline the autism out of her. Mom moves away for months at a time and goes months without seeing her. Her mom never wanted her to livev there until she found out sd gets ssi. I'm not perfect but I faught tooth and nail to get that kid services even before dh and I were married. Many yrs before even applying for ssi. Bm would take sd to a dingy lil town without a special needs school, no therapy or social skills groups or anything I've already looked for similar programs in bms area for sd to do during the summer only therapist for emotional issues exist in that area. Sd is in 3 different types of therapies through out the month. This is why she lives with us. Mom wouldn't even schedule a surgery for ear tubes during the 6m she had custody and the dr said if sd had gone any longer with out tubes sd would be deaf.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN