Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

This is the first time.....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

One of my skids have been blantantly rude and disrespectful to me, and quite frankly it sucks. I know that others have had it much worse then I in dealing with their skids, but this was still a shock for me. SD11 has always been a little passive aggressive toward everyone but this time she seems specifically angry at me, and I have no clue why. Just last weekend I took her and my SS to Tahoe (DH was sick) to go tubing and we had a blast, and we got along great.  This whole pre-teen mood swing stuff is just not cool, I have absolutely no patience for brattiness so I have to hold back big time.

Basically she has just been glaring at me everytime I look at her and has purposely ignored my requests of her or flat out said "no". The interesting thing is she seems all lovey dovey with DH now which she has not acted like for quite awhile. So I am wondering if it's some kind of jealousy thing? Or it could be because I have been defending her little brother when she is being mean to him. IDK, but it's frustrating and kind of out of the blue. She is a very emotional child though, I used to be able to comfort her through her rough patches but now she is kind of pushing me away. I guess I just don't really know how to handle it, should I try to talk to her? Should I just ignore her and if she starts asking me for things tell her "no" because of the way she has been treating me? Anybody been through this with their skids?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
If she is treating you poorly your DH should correct it. She needs to know it's not acceptable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH has always been very supportive and protective of the me and my relationship with his kids. He has never allowed them to treat me disrespectfully and when they have attempted to do so, he will act appropriately. However this behavior from SD only started two days ago and DH hasn't observed her acting rude to me, but I did mention it last night so he is aware of it. She is very subtle about it usually and just kind of ignores me so I don't think it's enough to take any drastic measures yet. This morning she was just standoffish but she did talk to me fo a few minutes, just normal stuff. It's hard to explain but it's just different then the way she has always been with me, she is usually really open and friendly with me, she is distant now. I realize that it could just be a fleeting problem, maybe she is just grumpy and I am the target of it? IDK, but it is making me dread the upcoming teen years, I know how much of a pain I was around that age so I am bracing myself. 

Quoting shanlee42:

If she is treating you poorly your DH should correct it. She needs to know it's not acceptable.

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
The teen years are fun! My X has a now 19 yo. There were times when she was difficult. I was lucky that she and I maintained a good relationship.

Maybe DH can ask her what's up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KellyReedy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM

MY SD is 10.5.  And the glares, the stares the ALL THAT!  OMG....Makes me want to scream WHAT IS YOUR DAMN PROBLEM?!

Luckily, my hubby is supportive of this stuff too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)