Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I think bm and I are making a turn.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 5 Replies
We where talking today (we do that sometimes. It's important to us that the kids see that we can get along). I don't even remember what we were talking about, but my Dd said something. I was like I let my kids to something but I didn't do it with her kids because they are not technically mine. She looked at me and said you are their sm and I am ok with that and trust your judgement. I almost passed out. I think this maybe a turn in the right direction but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM

That's encouraging, hope that means a fressh start for you two. BM and I mostly get along and she does trust me with her kids (they have lived with me for 4 years now) but I am still careful what I say to her regarding the kids, I don't want to sound like I am trying to take over. I think if you have a rational BM, they will really appreciate your efforts to not overstep and in turn, they will trust you more and put down their guard (if they had one).

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM
that's the thing she's not rational. I am still floored by it. Dh thinks it might be because I am the one that stayed home with 6 kids all sick with the flu. While she and dh worked. I ended up with the flu really bad but it was worth all the cuddle time I got:)

Quoting rocknmom85:

That's encouraging, hope that means a fressh start for you two. BM and I mostly get along and she does trust me with her kids (they have lived with me for 4 years now) but I am still careful what I say to her regarding the kids, I don't want to sound like I am trying to take over. I think if you have a rational BM, they will really appreciate your efforts to not overstep and in turn, they will trust you more and put down their guard (if they had one).

rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My BM is only rational sometimes, she is bipolar so so times she is completely irrational. Though I will give her props that, for the most part, she has always been civil and even nice to me.

Quoting Lorena:

that's the thing she's not rational. I am still floored by it. Dh thinks it might be because I am the one that stayed home with 6 kids all sick with the flu. While she and dh worked. I ended up with the flu really bad but it was worth all the cuddle time I got:)

Quoting rocknmom85:

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM
That must have been nice to hear. :)
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM
It was!

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

That must have been nice to hear. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)